• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 4 .. and report issues here
This thread is closed. The discussion may continue in Part 5
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=582

Let's start the New Year with a new thread.  

I'm mostly planning to do nothing this weekend, so let's see how it works out for a change
Blush

However,  my to-do list includes a new light box with Grado SR-60e unboxing and audition.  I still have Mad Max to finish but I am clearing the map pretty quickly now.  And of course, there are things to do around the house.  Further down my list (in no order), I am going to rebuild my i7-4770K PC into a video editing PC (and for FCAT), work on the latest drivers including adding 280X to replace 390X, and update my notebook to Win 10.

Finally,
(12-28-2015, 05:20 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hey what about Star Wars Battlefront?  Apparently it has great graphics, it might be a demanding benchmark for you.  It's quite expensive though.  People are saying you can get it from the Mexico Origin for much cheaper.

I got SW:BF for $44.99 at GMG.  I figure that 20% off is not as good as 40% off, but it will replace BF4 which I am sick of as a benchmark.  So I have to D/L it over the next couple of nights and then create a repeatable Fraps run which appears doable with 'bots, and then update all of my test cards with the new results.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc...ttlefront/

So that makes SW:BF an AMD sponsored game and I'll dump Sleeping Dogs (old AMD) for ARMA III (independent, popular and always updated) to keep my benching suite at 25 games for now.  Tomb Raider 2013 is next in line to go when a new game is added later this month.  I am going to run with mostly new games with Crysis 3 representing the "classics".
Cool
Sounds good. :)

I will be buying battlefront when it gets cheaper. It got mixed reviews. I look forward to your thoughts on the game.
(01-01-2016, 07:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Sounds good. :)

I will be buying battlefront when it gets cheaper. It got mixed reviews. I look forward to your thoughts on the game.

I don't like it already and I haven't D/L'ed it yet. :P
(there is no SP, just online training missions with 'bots)
Cry

However, it should take 1-2 nights of my free bandwidth period to get it, and I will try it with the 'bots to get a feel for the game. If I am successful in creating a repeatable benchmark, Battlefield 4 will be replaced (finally) in my benchmark suite. Sleeping Dogs are also out and Arma III is in for a 25 very popular and up-to-date benchmark suite for any gamer to find useful (hopefully). I am also going to add minimums to 2560x1440 resolution (for starters)

Minimums will appear on some charts next to the averages in parenthesis as in the example below:
Quote:Average/Minimum
52 (36)
Cool
Origin is slow to D/L for me. Only about 1 MB/s so I have 7GB to go (tonight). I can play as Darth Vadar with 'bots while the game continues to D/L and install, but that is boring. In the meantime I cleared most of the map in Mad Max and will finish the last camp today. I won't get the DLC since I want to play more Fallout 4 and other new games (eventually). Then it's back to work tomorrow. . . .

( . . . benching SW: Battlefront, and auditioning movies and albums with my new Grados)
:D

Of course, I am going to update my benchmark suite also with 280X as it is an important stand-in for 380X (and 7970), and add the minimums and new games. And Andy hinted that he may send us a report from CES ... or a few pics. I am staying home and skipping CES again this year.
Blush
Cool. I successfully installed a toilet in my basement today, that's what's going on in SickBeast's lair lol. I have been watching the star wars movies with my son in anticipation of the new movie. I hear that there are some fun aspects of the new game. Hopefully it will be a good benchmark for you at least. Good luck!
(01-02-2016, 09:03 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Cool. I successfully installed a toilet in my basement today, that's what's going on in SickBeast's lair lol. I have been watching the star wars movies with my son in anticipation of the new movie. I hear that there are some fun aspects of the new game. Hopefully it will be a good benchmark for you at least. Good luck!

For your tenants? That sounds like fun. I am just enjoying the calm and the relative warmth before our series of El Nino storms hit SoCal starting tomorrow night, with a nice walk with my dogs. It's beautiful today - hanging in the upper 50sF at 2:30 PM, after peaking at just over 60F. Rain is forecast to start tomorrow night with a series of 4 back-to-back storms that end on Friday. And guess what? ... they are heading East.

I watched an exceptional work of Sci-fi/fantasy Cinema Art called, "Ink", on Amazon Prime. Ink has an intelligent script coupled with superb acting (also with excellent filming and editing) on a really tight budget. In fact, an unlimited budget could not have made it a better movie experience. It's classic Good versus Evil with a Great Story.

http://www.amazon.com/Ink-Christopher-So...tant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1451774406&sr=1-2&keywords=ink+video

Cool
Yes for the tenants. The old toilet was making a horrible howling sound and it was waking us up every night. The tenants keep strange hours. I'm just glad it went in ok with no leaks. The rough in was only 11" whereas the standard is 12". I had to squeeze it in snug against the wall. Then I was doing laundry and water went all over the floor from the utility sink. The previous owners had not connected the drain properly at all and it came off. It took two trips to home depot but it's fixed now. I saved quite a bit today by not calling a plumber. I'm starting to get pretty handy. Tomorrow I'm going to help my parents fix their rental property. They had the tenant from hell. The guy was a hells angel. They went over the other day and there was a machete and a baseball bat in the closet by the front door along with a camera. It's so sad for them. They are out $3000 in lost rent but they are afraid to sue him because he's a biker. :(
Cry
It's really sad for them at their age, they are in their 60s. We're just lucky he left.
(01-03-2016, 01:55 AM)SickBeast Wrote: It's really sad for them at their age, they are in their 60s. We're just lucky he left.

Your parents aren't old ... I am also in my 60s :P
Blush

However, it may appear harder to recover from setbacks as one ages, I think ... or perhaps not.
:-/

Renting is a business. It is very difficult to be a successful landlord. I expect your parents didn't know they were renting to a biker. I think checking former landlord references is becoming more and more important.