• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
Yes, it gives detailed statistics and even compares web sites. I will probably not use it - but you can be sure that potential advertisers will.

That is the point of Alexa. For potential future BTR advertising (next year).
What interesting on Alexa is that there was a huge surge of traffic in July right around the middle of the month. I'm curious to see what articles you published at that time.

Ok I just looked. You published both your Fury X and your Fury X Part 2 articles in July. Perhaps that is the reason. I found that data on similarweb.com by the way.
(11-28-2015, 09:58 PM)SickBeast Wrote: What interesting on Alexa is that there was a huge surge of traffic in July right around the middle of the month.  I'm curious to see what articles you published at that time.

Ok I just looked.  You published both your Fury X and your Fury X Part 2 articles in July.  Perhaps that is the reason.  I found that data on similarweb.com by the way.

Yes. Those articles are still getting a lot of views. The other article that brought in a lot of traffic was the MSI 390X OC v 290x v GTX 980.
The best ever day yet was July 13th. We have yet to top that one.

My performance analysis generally get solid hits, but not spectacular like the articles and reviews. From looking at my site stats in the Control panel, on awstats, and on Google Analytics, there is a steady but small climb in traffic that is ongoing. And that is why we are moving slowly up on Alexa (and no doubt, integrating SEO into the site will really help also)
Cool
Well it looks like things might be quiet for a while until Pascal and AMD's 14/16nm cards come out next year. I don't foresee anything new until then. Perhaps Kingston can give you some stuff.
First of all, I want to make my regular driver performance analysis more useful. That means adding Fury X and 280X to my results. I also want to cover every upcoming major game release with at least an IQ/Performance analysis, beginning with Just Cause 3.

I am also going to buy a new Intel CPU - either Skylake or Kaby Lake. That will open a new MB (ECS?) and DDR4 (Kingston) reviews up. Then you will start to see more regular product reviews - next year. And it is **crucial** that my health is stable, because I have to keep up my driver analysis while I am reviewing hardware.

IF I can do that, BTR will gain traffic quickly. Although I am pleased with BTR's progress in 2015 - especially considering the garbage situation I was in because of my last deadbeat partner - I am the only one holding progress back now. My health has been subpar since my mother died 14 months ago, and it is very difficult for me to work when I am unwell for weeks at a time.
The CPU sounds like a smart buy. Just make sure you have the other hardware lined up first. I'm sure things will continue to trend upward here.
Kingston is already lined up on the DDR4. I have to ask ECS about a MB.
Cool
Cool. I wonder when Kaby Lake is going to come out. I also wonder if it's going to bring big improvements in performance. I'm getting tired of these 2-5% gains every generation.
Kaby is the 'tock' in Intel's schedule. Cannondale which is supposed to be on 10nm is to be released in 2H 2017, so Kaby will come next year. It will be an improvement on Skylake, but it will probably be mostly in graphics again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaby_Lake

Here's the latest
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/20...p-lea.aspx

I believe we are stuck with 2-5% CPU performance improvements per each tick or tock from Intel. Which means, it isn't important to upgrade for years. Intel has no competition in the x86 space and it shows now.
:(
Well Intel has rested so long on their laurels that they are going to have to deal with Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, and nVidia soon. The A9X CPU in particular is impressive. It won't be too much longer until someone catches up to Intel.