• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
Mario just emailed me to say it is safe to post and that further forum maintenance will be done in the background.

Thank-you, Mario. And thank-you forum members and readers for your patience.
Awesome. :)

So Mario seems to have made it so that when you open a thread it goes to the latest post by default. I really like this and it saves me a lot of time scrolling and clicking. Thanks very much Mario!
Wow! Major change with the Crew. One of the largest changes I have ever seen in a game.

It recently got a 7+GB patch and now it is far more demanding with much better visuals. Everything appears to be revamped. Performance dropped on a GTX 980 Ti from 34fps to 28fps at 4K. It used to peg 60fps at 1560x1440 and now it's under 56fps.

And even the handling seems a bit better with the KB+Mouse, or I am just impressed with the changes.
Blush

Nope. Not my imagination. A new weather system has been implemented and better handling with it's new (I think, free expansion, "Wild Run")
Cool
(11-22-2015, 01:25 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Awesome. :)

So Mario seems to have made it so that when you open a thread it goes to the latest post by default.  I really like this and it saves me a lot of time scrolling and clicking.  Thanks very much Mario!

Yes! The default way this forum software handles this drove me batty!
Mario says he has a few more hours of work left to do to update BTR. I notice improvements in loading times generally, and SEO is mostly fixed.

I downloaded Assassin's Creed Syndicate yesterday - and I can't believe it. The D/L is 37GB and there is NO WAY my connection can manage that in only 5 hours. Yet I am playing the game. It started good, but I went to bed at 5:30 AM and will try playing it again in a few. It should replace Unity.

Fury X is coming Friday. Which means I will probably miss it as I will be out Friday afternoon. So I will get it Monday. By then, I should have my 4 GTXes on the latest 359 drivers, and I will bench 290X/290X CF (and then Fury X) on the Crimson drivers. This showdown should be published mid-week, next week. The follow up will overclock Fury X using the new TriXX SW that unlocks the voltage.

I plan to add 290X (which is just as fast as 390X) results to this analysis or to the next one. That will give me 4 AMD configurations (280X, 290X, 290X CF, Fury X) and 4 GeForce configurations (970, 980, 980 Ti, 980 Ti SLI) for my Big Picture across nearly 30 games for each driver performance analysis.

Progress
Cool

UPDATED; AC: Syndicate is just as good as Unity, maybe better (because it is London, not Paris :P )
I am attempting to find a bench. Even a GTX 980 Ti can barely manage 1080P with ultra settings plus 4xMSAA. I'll probably bench it without MSAA.

I think I will post the GF driver analysis first - featuring Syndicate. Then the Catalyst Crimson results featuring Fury X.
Quote:The D/L is 37GB and there is NO WAY my connection can manage that in only 5 hours. Yet I am playing the game.
Well, after the introduction and after the second sequence (about 5% into the game), it just stopped.

Now I see what happened. I only downloaded about 1/2 of the game and it was playable but only to a certain point. I have to finish D/Ling it tonight and I can find the benchmark tomorrow.
Blush
I got all of AC Syndicate last night. And The Hobbit, Smaug Desolation. A total of 28GB. That is more like it for 5 hours

Of course, I'll be out for much of the day. Shopping - but not Black Friday stores. Then I'm back to work! Hopefully I won't miss my Fury X delivery, but it can show up Monday and I will still be on schedule. And I think I know where to get my benchmark (just ahead of where I stopped in London)
Cool
Wow! I got a very good benchmark with Fraps that is very accurate for Assassin's Creed Unity.

It has a variability of about 1% which IMO is excellent for a bench where you have to maneuver the protagonist through the streets of London. It is also quite demanding. I have GTX 980 Ti SLI set up, but SLI is not enabled yet.

So these results are probably for a single GTX 980 Ti with everything Ultra and maxed out, except there is no MSAA - just FXAA applied

I get 27.3 fps at 4K
41.5 average fps at 2560x1440 and
51.2 fps average at 1080p

There is no point to doing a in-depth IQ analysis - who is going to turn on MSAA, MFAA, or TXAA and have the framerates drop into the teens?
Huh

So I should have a very basic GeForce 359.00 Performance analysis featuring Assassin's Creed Syndicate published on Monday - I have to beat the next driver set which is coming out (probably) for Just Cause 3 on Tuesday
(I'll try to have JC3 preloaded, so I can start benching Tuesday morning. I believe it is a bigger D/L than ACS - 37GB!)

BtW, Fury X at $569 after MiR sold out at Newegg - the next cheapest is $615 with $5 shipping.

I did good this year.
Cool
I'm glad it all worked out for you. That sounds like a very demanding game.
It's a very good game also. IF you like AC series. Personally, I get very tired of the routines. The only game that I really wanted to finish - and did finish - was Black Flag, It was the pinnacle of the AC series IMO. The pirate world was amazing and I really enjoyed the high seas.