• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
I'm shocked that it doesn't whine. That's great news. At least AMD was finally able to fix this issue.
(12-02-2015, 05:25 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm shocked that it doesn't whine. That's great news. At least AMD was finally able to fix this issue.
Who are the deaf idiots in AMD quality control that let this issue go in the first place? It gave their own product very bad reviews because of AMD's sloppiness and made Fury X look much less than premium
Angel

I am just grateful.  And I am SO glad I sent the other 3 whining Fury Xes back.
(saved over $100 - got a fixed video card)

I am benching Fury X now.  I updated the Radeon partition yesterday completely and added JC3 and Rainbow6 Shield.  Soon as I get to the RB6 Shield, I'll try to find a good benchmark.  I don't like the new control panel.  Nothing is easy to find, you have to click through several screens to get to where you want and changing resolutions is harder than it should be.  

UPDATE: There is a workaround to change resolutions and refresh rates
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpos...p=28858657&postcount=8729
Change it in Windows desktop
-- stupid!

AMD :P
I guess a new "look" is what the fans want. So you can now get into the control panel quickly - to waste a lot of time once you get there.
Rolleyes

It would probably be best if I did a very short driver performance evaluation of the new Crimson hotfix drivers.  To save time, I'll update Fury X and 290X - not 290X CF.

THEN I'll evaluate the new GeForce driver featuring the new games.  We are  six days out from that article - at best
Blush

Will it still be timely?
Huh
IMO all these driver articles are bogging you down. I would focus only on major releases or if there is a buzz about them like how the AMD fans were saying that the newest drivers make Fury X faster than a GTX 980Ti. I just think that all the testing is too involved and it's keeping you away from more time playing games and writing great articles about the newest games. This is just IMO. It's your decision. I just think there is going to be way more interest in AAA games than there is going to be with the drivers when we typically see tiny increases with each new release.
Well, don't you think there might be some interest in the Crimson drivers?

Again, I want BTR to be a *resource* for up to date comparisons of video cards. Something absolutely no other tech site in the world offers.

What I need to do is to dump about ten older games and just concentrate on the latest and newest 20.
I think that is definitely useful as well. I just think that the games will generate more interest. What I would do is to perform a full driver analysis every 3-6 months depending on how busy you are and depending on the driver release schedules.

Dumping some of the games might be a good idea too. It's nice being able to say that you review more games than anyone else, though.
Look at it this way, there are many hundreds of sites that review games. And they get the games long before I do. So I cannot compete with them - except to measure performance of the new games. BTR is not a game review site - it is a tech review site.

There is only one tech site on earth - BabeltechReviews - that will give you up to date comparisons of the top video cards on the latest drivers and with the latest games. No other tech or review site offers this resource. Once a site reviews a video card, they put it away and only bring it out when another new card is released. As drivers improve performance - or get worse - they ignore what changes.

If I review only 20 games, I can still make the claim of "most games". Do you think people are interested in Stalker any longer or care how it performs? Of course, most of the games I would dump would be old AMD sponsored games (Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, etc.) since there are so few new ones left any longer. But then who cares about AMD? They have such a tiny marketshare, and it is dropping by the day as they are completely broke and as their tech ages, they cannot afford to sponsor games any longer. I would do better to review Intel graphics - it has a much bigger marketshare. AMD is dying and it is obvious to everyone; so I have to plan for it.
I definitely see your logic. My favourite article ever at BTR is still the GTA V article. I just think it's a shame that you don't have more time to write articles like that. I completely understand your logic and you're right. I just wish there was a way for you to do both. Perhaps with more writers joining you, you will be able to do stuff like that.
(12-03-2015, 12:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I definitely see your logic.  My favourite article ever at BTR is still the GTA V article.  I just think it's a shame that you don't have more time to write articles like that.  I completely understand your logic and you're right.  I just wish there was a way for you to do both.  Perhaps with more writers joining you, you will be able to do stuff like that.
You hit the nail on the head. BTR needs more variety. However, as we grow I am certain we will attract writers - just as I built AlienBabelTech in much the same way with contributing writers and adding staff.

I'd love to do more in-depth game reviews as I did before. I am working toward that goal. However, this time I am stuck with two new games simultaneously (plus Crimson and new GF drivers) and I can only give them each a very superficial treatment. Hopefully, the performance analysis will be enough to attract more readers (and eventually, writers). Once readers realize that they can ALWAYS turn to BTR for performance of the latest drivers to see performance comparisons of the top Nvidia and AMD cards, then we will become popular. I already see independent forums (not AMD shill forums like VC&G which cheerlead AMD and ignore reality) doing this all over the world.

It is a very slow process but I have learned patience. And I am investing in BTR. I am putting my money into it to improve it - unlike the years that I was held back at ABT by a do-nothing partner.

Look at Alexa. Even though only 13% of our thousands of pages are certified, we are still moving up
Quote:Global Rank - 1,550,048 (up 317,173)
Rank in United States - 684,716 (up a lot!)
The United States rank is impressive. It will be really interesting to see what happens once all the pages are certified. Do you know how long that will take?
(12-03-2015, 01:02 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The United States rank is impressive.  It will be really interesting to see what happens once all the pages are certified.  Do you know how long that will take?

It depends. If we have to add the javascript to each of 8,000 pages, never. Only the new pages will be certified in that case.

However, I am sure Mario will figure out a workaround. I sent him some information that I got from Alexa that may make it easy and almost automatic.