• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
15 years
Cool

Good luck with your health. Changing your diet (along with exercise) is the biggest positive impact that you can make for your health. It is working for me, but very slowly since I got pretty sick
I need to check my blood pressure as well.

I need to exercise more. My job keeps me pretty busy; my Mi Band says I take an average of about 14,000 steps per day which is pretty good.

All of the supplements I take have got to be doing something (I hope!). Plus I put a lot of flax into my smoothies, those have got to be very healthy for me. I have been eating more walnuts and avocados as well.
Everything sounds good. You might consider adding more fresh citrus, or at least a high quality vitamin c supplement (Sodium Ascorbate). Vitamin C is absolutely crucial to maintaining ones health.

Be very careful with supplements. They are not all created equal. A lot of them source (garbage) from China which can be actually harmful. I wouldn't touch anything from a big box store, drug store, or chain health store like the (crappy) GNC, and also most of the online off-brand stuff
Exclamation
For my next purchase I will definitely be using the store you recommended to me. I have a *lot* of fish oils to go through though, probably about a year's supply.
Fish oil?

You have a year's supply of cadmium, PCBs, and lead to keep you in some kind of health, no doubt.

Fish oil is usually contaminated because it doesn't come from fish that anyone would voluntarily eat. Unless it goes through a really strict purification process (which strips it of most of its value), you are not getting anything healthy.
:P

http://www.consumerlab.com/news/Reviewof...8_22_2012/
https://www.consumerlab.com/answers/Is+f...amination/
http://www.webmd.com/diet/20111206/some-...on-quality
http://golowcholesterol.com/2011/12/20/c...il-brands/

Your best bet is to toss it out - unless you are absolutely sure!!!

Quote:August 22, 2012 — The quality of fish oil / omega-3 supplements varies across brands, according to recent tests by ConsumerLab.com, which independently reports on the quality of health products. Analyses of 35 products selected and purchased by ConsumerLab.com showed problems with the quality or labeling of 11, or 31.4%, of the products. ConsumerLab.com uncovered the following problems:
Trace levels of PCBs were found in every product (as PCBs are ubiquitous in water), but two supplements exceeded contaminations limits for PCBs. Mercury was not detected in any of the products. (While it is best to avoid supplements with excess contaminants, raw or cooked fish may contain far more PCBs, as well as mercury, than fish oil supplements.)
Four supplements (including one of the contaminated products) contained 20% to 30% less than the claimed amounts of EPA, DHA or other omega-3 fatty acids.
An enteric-coated softgel (intended to reduce "fish burp") released its fish oil too early.
One softgel product contained spoiled fish oil.
Three products contained two to three times the claimed amounts of EPA or other fatty acids, and one supplement incorrectly claimed to contain 1 mg of fat but contained 1,000 mg (1 gram) of fat.
The tested supplements include those with fish oil, krill oil, algal oil (from algae) and/or, calamari (squid) oil. Results are published in a new report on ConsumerLab.com which provides results for the 35 selected products as well as 28 products which passed the same testing through ConsumerLab.com's voluntary certification program. The review covers products for general use and those marketed specifically for pregnant women and children. It also includes pet supplements for use by dogs and cats.
It's from Costco, I'm not really worried about it for now. I will use your store next time though.
(12-22-2015, 11:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's from Costco, I'm not really worried about it for now.  I will use your store next time though.

You can probably do a search on it. I am always concerned with what I am eating, however, as I have more unusual needs. I do not want to deal with toxins while attempting to cleanse.
7:37 PM. UPS delivers my Grado SR-60e headphones. I don't ever remember UPS delivering so late before ... BUT ... I got 'em and will do an article on them. In the meantime, I expanded my article to cover my 4 latest games with the very latest drivers from both AMD (Fury X/290X) and Nvidia (GTX 980, 970, 980 Ti).
Cool

So this way, when I post the article I am caught up with the latest drivers from both AMD and Nvidia. The NEXT driver release that I will cover in more detail (and much more quickly) will be next year's. I am done with 2015 except for the review tomorrow and the Grado review next week.

I have a couple of games I want to catch up on
:)
Grados are very nice. They are not practical for me because of their open design but they have excellent sound quality. I would actually love to compare my Bluevibe DLX headphones to them. I think it would be a more even fight than a lot of audiophiles would like to admit.

I'm catching up on some gaming as well. The Steam winter sale is awesome! I've probably picked up about 20 games over the past few days between the Humble Bundle and everything else.
(12-24-2015, 01:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Grados are very nice.  They are not practical for me because of their open design but they have excellent sound quality.  I would actually love to compare my Bluevibe DLX headphones to them.  I think it would be a more even fight than a lot of audiophiles would like to admit.

I'm catching up on some gaming as well.  The Steam winter sale is awesome!  I've probably picked up about 20 games over the past few days between the Humble Bundle and everything else.
It will be nice to take a break for me. I haven't even opened the Grado box yet (I intend to do an unboxing). Today was supposed to be another short day .... and I just got home
Blush

I have a few more benches to run and then I'll finish up my "Driver Performance Analysis featuring JC3, RS:6 & DiRT: Rally"

I also updated AC: Syndicate with the latest drivers from AMD and Nvidia. So 4 games get a mini-performance analysis.