• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
Cool! Congratulations! You are doing a great job with the site. Are you going to start running ads in the new year? If it would pay for a better host it would be worth it IMO.
(12-19-2015, 02:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Cool!  Congratulations!  You are doing a great job with the site.  Are you going to start running ads in the new year?  If it would pay for a better host it would be worth it IMO.

Thank-you! I don't expect to run ads until the holiday season of 2016 about 11 months from now. Until then, I'd like BTR's readers to enjoy a long introduction of completely ad-free reading. Some things are really free.
:)

However, I may run courtesy banners for some hardware companies in exchange for sponsoring BTR Community contest Prizes. I think that is an acceptable compromise.

In the meantime, I can handle the extra hosting costs for another year, and this way I won't be distracted by posting and managing ads. I have two years of hosting credit left with BlueHost that can be applied to the Cloud upgrade.
What was ABT's peak in terms of traffic? 100,000?
(12-19-2015, 03:20 PM)SickBeast Wrote: What was ABT's peak in terms of traffic? 100,000?

Yes. Very close to that worldwide. Almost at the top 60,000 in the USA was ABT's peak, I believe.

There is still a ways to go to get BTR there. I am hoping for BTR's traffic by late 2016 to match or surpass it.
Good luck! I would say that you're making excellent progress.
The traffic is still going up. You're up to 340,000 now.
It appears to be slowing down. Which means that I am posting a new article by Andy tonight and my own article goes up tomorrow night. New content is what drives traffic here.
:)

See how Pay2Win works when you play the Alexa Stats game?
:D

And on another front, a major company has sent me an engineering sample of hardware under NDA (it looks expensive!). This time it is not for a formal published review, but for their extended internal testing. This is the first time that I have been asked to give input into something being developed. Personally, I take it as a compliment and I am glad to do it.
Cool
Wow that's amazing! Congratulations! Please share with us your experience with it when you can (if you ever can).
(12-19-2015, 11:53 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow that's amazing!  Congratulations!  Please share with us your experience with it when you can (if you ever can).

Thank-you. I was very surprised by the offer that I got. And if it ever comes to market, you bet I will share here. If so, I may also get to review it then for publication at BTR (and it will be an easy review - now it just comes in an OEM box with no other packaging but an electrostatic bag).

At any rate, I got to connect with an important vendor and this may lead to other product reviews
(IF I do OK on this one)
Blush
Wow! Stuff that I ordered on Friday from Amazon and from Vitacost is getting delivered **today**
- on Sunday, ahead of schedule.
Cool

OnTrac, FedEx and UPS have all delivered packages today! I am still waiting on my Grados, but they should be here before Christmas. So, I have a busy week and it looks to continue with a queue of evaluations into the new year. As soon as I finish GTX 970 benching, I can write and post my new driver performance evaluation featuring my 3 newest games (JC3, Rainbow 6, and DiRT Rally).