• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
I don't speed and have never had a speeding ticket issued against me. (Did have one bullshit ticket issued where I went through an intersection just as the lights went from green to amber and there was no traffic in the other part of the intersection - the cops obviously were down on their quota that night).

Speeders on the highway amuse me, they go roaring past, yet they never end up more than one or two seconds ahead of me at the lights into the next town. They just like burning petrol for no reason.
BTR just went down for me again about 10 minutes ago. It's back up now. It seems similar to what happened last night.
It is a host issue for sure. AND there is a scheduled maintenance for Tuesday which probably involves a HW upgrade to fix it. From Blue Host this morning:
Quote:An upgrade to the system infrastructure is scheduled to take place in two phases on Tuesday, December 8 at 9:30pm MST. This upgrade will allow us to increase reliability and uptime for the services we provide.

Phase one includes 15-20 minutes of downtime during which your website may be temporarily unavailable to your viewers. Your website will be back online, viewable, and all interactive features will be fully functional at the beginning of phase two.

During phase two, certain portions of the Bluehost website including the login function, cPanel tools, and webmail will be unavailable. Email generated will not be lost, though you will experience some slowness while sending and receiving mail during the maintenance period.

Thanks in advance for your patience during this upgrade. We're working hard to improve the services that power your website and we understand any maintenance can be an inconvenience.
Cool
Well if they are improving their system then that is good news. Hopefully these glitches are related to the upgrade. Good luck! How is the new article coming?

Hey just FYI I noticed on the main page one of the articles is showing up multiple times at the top. The article called "Standing Up" is there 4 times. I'm not sure if that would be an easy fix for you.
After staying up late for the past 3 nights, I went to bed last night at 8:30 PM and slept 10 hours
Blush

I feel much better ... but I am back to where I was yesterday. I'll finish benching today and the article will be up tomorrow.

Mario has been working on BTR for hours yesterday. I sent him the screenshot when I first got up, but I doubt he will fix anything until tonight. I don't want to touch *anything* because I don't know what changes he made and is planning, but will wait for him to fix it - hopefully tonight.

Actually, I made the article that repeated itself a draft, so it no longer shows

An easy "fix" But Mario needs to adjust the image box size.
OK great. Good luck with everything! It sounds like this is going to be an interesting week for you.
I "fixed" the main page by making Standing Up a hidden draft. Mario will do the rest of the real work tonight (hopefully)

Thank-you. Every week is interesting and challenging for me. A perfect "retirement".
:)
Very nice.

I'm really looking forward to the Fury X article. Did the latest drivers give it a decent boost? I also noticed something in the release notes for the hotfix about DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0. I wonder what they mean by that. I wonder if they have come up with a solution to hook the cards up to HDMI 2.0.
Yes on performance (and stability)!
(what IS more impressive are the results for 290X!!)

Unsure. But DP to HDMI 2.0 adapters will be out shortly.
(12-07-2015, 05:45 PM)apoppin Wrote: Yes on performance (and stability)!
(what IS more impressive are the results for 290X!!)

Unsure.  But DP to HDMI 2.0 adapters will be out shortly.

Awesome! I wonder how much better they are for my 280x. Really most of my games are always pegged at 60fps so it's hard to tell. I will try a demanding game later to see if my memory overclock and the drivers made a noticeable difference.