• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 3 .. and report issues here
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here is closed. Way too long

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=292

Feel free to C&P anything from there or link to it because the discussion is not closed - just REnewed
Angel

Mario has fixed BTR's SEO. We did have big problems. Here's what he said
Quote:The forums are still the number one result due to traffic; Google and Bing should take 2-3 weeks to crawl the site to improve results.

So the main site was not being registered by Google nor Bing - hence the crap ranking. ALSO, the forum was not integrated into Google Analytics although I got the main site right - so that will add about 20% more traffic to the report, right there.

I am also going to sign up for Alexa. And watch us grow now!
--Thanks, Mario!!
Cool
Thank you Mario! Angel
Only the forum needs a little optimization. He did all of the important SEO work today.

I finished my GF 358.91 performance analysis with GTX 980 Ti and 980 Ti SLI and I am going to bench a GTX 980 tomorrow and publish Tuesday. If I add the GTX 970 results, I'll probably publish Wednesday. So I am catching up.

And I got all of my Winter prep done except for one evaporative cooler. There is a storm in SoCal today and we got a little rain in the desert. The snow level is down to 3,000 feel, right at my elevation - but we will have 75F by the end of the week
Cool
BTR just moved up over 230,000 places in its global ranking on Alexa. Clearly what Mario did is having a huge effect already. Thanks again Mario!
Not really.  It should take at least a week for Google to crawl BTR and the XML site map.  The raise in the rankings from fixing the SEO should start to happen in a couple of weeks.  What you are seeing are normal fluctuations in the traffic (from the forum; the main site will start to count soon).

In other related (and rather sad for them) news, ABT has dropped over 1,000,000 places in less than a month as Dave has never actually done anything useful for the site in well over a year.  

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/alienbabeltech.com

Do you think anyone but spammers and former members even look there any more?  There is nothing to look at.
Dodgy
Oh ok I didn't realize it took so long to kick in.

And yes, the slow demise of ABT is sad. I actually like the guys over there aside from Rollo. I really like them a lot actually. I just can't bring myself to subject myself to Rollo any more. Life is too short. Why waste my time with someone so full of hate?

It will be interesting to watch the Alexa rankings for BTR over the next few weeks.

Are you still planning to buy some hardware on Black Friday? I snagged a few deals today and got a lot of my Christmas shopping done. They had some nice wireless headphones on for $20CAD that I'm sure my wife and my sisters will really like. I got my dad a power bank for his phone. I'm not sure if he'll use it much but he tends to really enjoy accessories for his iPhone.

If last year is any indication, it's good to jump on the hot deals before Black Friday because they are often just as good if not better.
(11-16-2015, 09:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Oh ok I didn't realize it took so long to kick in.

And yes, the slow demise of ABT is sad.  I actually like the guys over there aside from Rollo.  I really like them a lot actually.  I just can't bring myself to subject myself to Rollo any more.  Life is too short.  Why waste my time with someone so full of hate?

It will be interesting to watch the Alexa rankings for BTR over the next few weeks.

Are you still planning to buy some hardware on Black Friday?  I snagged a few deals today and got a lot of my Christmas shopping done.  They had some nice wireless headphones on for $20CAD that I'm sure my wife and my sisters will really like.  I got my dad a power bank for his phone.  I'm not sure if he'll use it much but he tends to really enjoy accessories for his iPhone.

If last year is any indication, it's good to jump on the hot deals before Black Friday because they are often just as good if not better.

Yes, it takes quite awhile.  First Google's crawlers have to go through the entire site, index it all, and then link to everything.  BTR has quite a few articles and news posts in nearly a year - very close to 150!

Yes, I would say that Mario's SEO and optimization work will start to be really noticeable by the end of this month and especially by the early part of December,

I will not be prepared to actually BUY anything until Black Friday.  That's just my timing with my money; I won't have it available earlier.  And often there are good deals the entire weekend of Black Friday and especially for the following (Cyber) Monday.  

In other news, I am not so broke that I cannot buy Fallout 4 - today!
--Heading over to GMG to buy it now

Cool
Well if it makes you feel any better, I got a letter from my employer last week saying that they overpaid me by $818 in 2011 and they want me to pay it back. Now it has to go to some kind of arbitration hearing and I will have money docked off my pay until it is repaid. What a headache. I'm OK though. I will pay it back slowly. It just will deplete my spending money for awhile. :(

I'm just curious as to why they only realized this *now*. It happened almost 5 years ago and I didn't even notice it at the time because I was going through the process of changing jobs so my salary changed, it was complicated.
5 *years* ago?

Unless it was the government paying you, there is probably some kind of statute of limitations that limits collection action after a few years.
Well I just checked and the statute of limitations is 2 years where I live. I don't know if that applies to being overpaid by your employer, though. It is going to arbitration and from what I gather it can take at least a year to get a hearing. So I have some time and I assume that the process is fair and the judge will rule accordingly. We will see. It was still quite annoying though to say the least.