• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 New Games on SHIELD and GeForce Now for Halloween!
(10-28-2015, 03:39 PM)SickBeast Wrote: apoppin I think you should either get the top wifi plan and cancel your satellite service, or else get the cheapest wifi plan and keep the satellite. Personally I would choose the first option. It will cost a little more but you will have a fast unlimited connection. Isn't downloading in the middle of the night a pain? How can you schedule steam downloads? Don't you have to do it manually?

I usually get up once during the night, often very close to midnight - if I go to bed early
Blush

Steam is well-trained.  In settings, automatic updating is only enabled from 12 midnight to 5AM. That's how I got Singularity this morning; I bought it last night, started and then paused and queued the D/L.  And I had to re-D/L Civilization as it is not launching, so I did the same thing with it (D/Ls paused and queues).  That was about 10GB of automatic downloads finished and waiting for me this morning.  Very rarely are there issues.  And Windows will do auto updates only if I plug in my LAN cable, not off WiFi.
Cool

I think I would keep both ISPs to see how reliable the new WiFi is.  It's about $400 in equipment, so it is a real investment.  I had Wi-Fi once before, but that company was very unreliable.  I have heard good things from a couple of my neighbors about this company but can never be sure until I try it for myself.
Those are some hefty pricing and some serious caps.
:(

I have a 10GB monthly quote for "anytime" D/Ls, but a free period of 5 hours per day after Midnight. The Steam patch dropped for Batman AK at 2.4GB, but I only have 3GB left to my month (5 days left to reset), so I will schedule the D/L for after midnight tonight.
I pay $41cad/month for 25/10 unlimited vdsl internet (fttn). It has always been fast and reliable for me. It looks like when my contract is up in about a year I will be able to get 50/10 service for the same price. They are also rolling out gigabit internet and 4k TV service where I live but it's going to be really expensive and only some sports will be broadcast in 4k.
(10-29-2015, 12:05 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I pay $41cad/month for 25/10 unlimited vdsl internet (fttn). It has always been fast and reliable for me. It looks like when my contract is up in about a year I will be able to get 50/10 service for the same price. They are also rolling out gigabit internet and 4k TV service where I live but it's going to be really expensive and only some sports will be broadcast in 4k.

Here's what it looks like like after 28 days of a 30 day bandwidth limited month
[Image: attachment.php?aid=29]

It's very doable with a 5 hour unmetered zone every day.
Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It would be so much easier for you though with the unlimited wifi.
It's easy now. I don't know about overall reliability, however
:-/
Reliability of what? The new wifi network?
Yes. I had WiFi service once before and it would go down for days.

It's going to depend on how this company is set up and if they have invested into their infrastructure.
Well based on what they are charging they better have damn good service because it's quite expensive.
Well, I am in no big hurry as I have about a year left to go with my current contract with Exede, I believe.

OtOH I AM in a hurry to get my X-Ray results from Last Thursday. They told me to call back again tomorrow
Cry