• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GeForce Experience Beta Brings Big Changes
CLICK HERE TO SEE THIS POST ON THE MAIN SITE
Nvidia has expanded the GeForce Experience, including expanded streaming/sharing at 60 fps, while bringing a little controversy with mandatory email signups for drivers.  Today Nvidia has released the new GeForce Experience Beta which can be downloaded from here.Untitled-1

Nvidia has added new features to its GeForce Experience Beta, including an improved in-game overlay which gives access to new streaming, recording, and screen capturing features. The new Broadcast feature allows gameplay recording and streaming to Twitch and YouTube, at 1080P/60 FPS.

Untitled-2GameStream co-op lets you stream your game with voice chat to a friend over the Internet by using your host PC over to his browser on a client PC as long as there are at least 7 Mbps Internet connections on both sides.

Inside your home, GameStream lets you stream your game from your GeForce-equipped PC with SHIELD to your living room TV over fast Wi-Fi in 4K Ultra HD, at 60 FPS, and with 5.1-channel audio. An "instant replay" feature lets you play back the past five to fifteen minutes of gameplay as video.

Here is the summary of the latest GeForce Experience updates:
  • GameStream 4K – Play your PC games on your TV at 4K 60 frames per second with 5.1 surround sound.
  • YouTube Live – Broadcast on YouTube Live’s new gaming channel at up to 1080p 60 fps easily using the new Share in-game overlay
  • Twitch Streaming has increased the maximum broadcast resolution to Twitch from 720p/60 to 1080p/60.
  • Game Ready Drivers – Automatic access to Game Ready Drivers.
Of course, there may be a little controversy.  Nvidia asserts that 90% of its users already use the GeForce Experience to download drivers.  Beginning in December, the next time you download a driver, you must enter a verified email address at the prompt to get first access to Game Ready Drivers. The drivers you can get from GeForce.com will be limited to quarterly releases.  Untitled-3

Nvidia is continuing to schedule their WHQL Game Ready driver release system to line up with all major game launches.  The gaming enthusiasts who wish to have every new driver will appreciate the GeForce Experience delivering them regularly, while the more casual gamer can ignore them in favor of quarterly updates.

Nvidia is very straightforward about this driver change being part of a broader effort to recreate GeForce Experience as integral to the GeForce ecosystem, and some of the uses of this massive database of GeForce gamers they are building will be to email announcements to its users and to hold contests with prizes.

Happy Gaming!

What do you think about the mandatory email addresses needed to get Game Ready drivers? Everything else looks solid. I am quite sure some of the tech press doesn't like it from their comments at the Web meeting yesterday (and from what is published today).

I know the Advocates will make a big deal about it. However, you can opt out of the emails after d/l'ing the drivers.
:-/
I don't like it personally. It's not a deal breaker for me but it is one small reason not to buy an nVidia graphics card. It's actually a sign of nVidia's arrogance at this point IMO. They know they can get away with it because they are not getting any decent competition from AMD right now.
I think the email address should be an option.  I think that a company does better to ASK than demand something.  If 90% already use GFE, than a good percentage will willingly give their email.  Why irritate even a small portion of your customers?

I think that Nvidia may back down on this one.  The option as it stands now is to give your secondary email and then opt out of the mailing.

Guru3D doesn't like it neither
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/geforce...tures.html
Quote:The bad news, Nvidia is forcing (in the near future) its Game Ready drivers to be downloaded through GeForce Experience. That means the  software (which the majority of people feels is bloatware) will become mandatory to be able to download first wave drivers.
Nvidia currently posts new drivers on a regular basis to their website while also simultaneously pushing them out via GeForce Experience. Come December starting pending that update, this format will changing. GeForce Experience will be the preferred “first access” distribution mechanism for NVIDIA’s frequent driver updates. That means Nvidia will shove GeForce Experience down your throat whether you like it or not. So in short - you’ll be able to install Game Ready drivers only via GeForce Experience — and even then only after you’ve registered a verified email address with Nvidia. The drivers you can grab on GeForce.com or via Windows Update will also be limited to quarterly releases for bug fixes, new features, security updates and so on. Aside from perhaps a hotfix here and there.

There you have it guys, in an increasing complicated PC market where you should serve the end-users, and not annoy them I feel Nvidia made a huge mistake here.

Kyle wasn't allowed to comment at the editors' web meeting yesterday.  I think that they ignored Nvidia's news but there is a big very negative thread about it at Hard Forum,.
:D
They're still extracting your personal information. They will know what games you have installed and who knows what else.
(10-15-2015, 11:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: They're still extracting your personal information.  They will know what games you have installed and who knows what else.

Yes, they are. They figure they are providing a software back end for their GPUs with GFE. In exchange, they want to build a very large database of their users.

I think it is fine. IF there is an option to not install GFE and still get the latest drivers without giving your email. If Nvidia made it voluntary, there would be no controversy IMO
:-/
Well, Nvidia is no doubt getting an earful now from their vocal customers. I hope they listen and just remove the email requirement. It's a simple fix. None of the editors appeared to be enthusiastic about it at the web meeting yesterday.
(10-16-2015, 12:20 AM)gstanford Wrote: They can add whatever crap they want to the automatic downloads so long as I can go to geforce.com or nvidia.com and get the LATEST drivers with no bullshit requirements attached.

I'll never use the automatic downloads, I'll never install geforce experience.

After December, the only way you can get the LATEST drivers is through the GFE by giving Nvidia a valid email address.

However, there is a pretty easy workaround that can bypass GFE completely if you hate it and have a second PC. DL GFE and get the latest drivers using your junk email account. Uninstall GFE. Then go to your Windows Nvidia folder and copy the latest driver. Now you have it and can install the LATEST drivers on ANY PC withOUT GTF.

That said, I would have much preferred that Nvidia give an OPTION to use a valid email account to enter the GFE users into a really cool contest. That way there is no backlash from the very few who are bucking the Windows 10 trend of auto d/ls
It looks like a non-issue on the GeForce forums
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...perience-/

Nvidia certainly doesn't look at VC&G to see what the AMD Advocates think about their drivers :P