• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASUS STRIX GTX 950 DirectCU II OC Performance results with 29 games
Yes that is a great deal.
Now we see pricing soften on the GTX 950 - down $20-30 as expected. Nvidia's partners compete with each other. Here is the card that I reviewed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814487157&nm

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 02G-P4-2956-KR 2GB SC+ GAMING, Silent Cooling Gaming Graphics Card

Free Heroes of the Storm Kaijo Diablo Bundle w/ purchase, limited offer

$129.99 after $10.00 rebate card

Only early adopters pay the early release tax. And you now get a free game.
That's a great deal.

Hey have you heard anything about Pascal? Do you have any idea when it's coming out?
(10-18-2015, 07:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That's a great deal.

Hey have you heard anything about Pascal?  Do you have any idea when it's coming out?

Yes, it's a very good deal. Now the GTX 960 and GTX 950 have aligned in price as they should.

Pascal. Yes. Quite a bit. But very little of the information comes from Nvidia. Best guess is next year. It naturally depends on TSMC ability to fab the new chips and the availability of HBM2 (or the new GDDR5 variant).
Thanks. Pascal really looks like a major update. Huge actually. I have a feeling that it could be as great as the 9700pro and the 8800gtx were in their time.
I think we will have to wait for Volta for another 8800-GTX
We will see. Isn't pascal on the 14nm/16nm node? A new architecture on a new node sounds very interesting to me. Will Volta also be on 14nm/16nm?
(10-21-2015, 01:04 AM)SickBeast Wrote: We will see.  Isn't pascal on the 14nm/16nm node?  A new architecture on a new node sounds very interesting to me.  Will Volta also be on 14nm/16nm?

I think so. But it will have much more of Nvidia's vision integrated into it than Pascal. Nvidia is also working on Einstein, probably due on 10nm

Nvidia apparently has 3 groups of engineers working on 3 architecture in different stages.
All is quiet from AMD re: their 14nm/16nm GPU. I don't know if that's good or bad. It could be good actually.
AMD is focused on Zen.  They evidently just spent $1 Billion dollars on Fiji.

They will have to spend at least a billion dollars on Fiji's follow up.  And they don't have a lot of money left.