• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
Wow, first Panda and now Uplay. I'm actually thinking about removing Panda from all my computers after what happened to you. I read that Windows 10 has built in antivirus by default, Windows Defender. It's supposedly pretty good too. I don't like the pop up nags from Panda and it's probably a resource hog.
Always keep an up to date backup handy. Then you never have to worry about antivirus .... it's the easy way
Cool

As an update, I didn't get a FO4 key
Cry

So I'll buy it. But not this week. I need to finish my next driver performance analysis first
Apoppin, you have 970's as well as 980 Ti don't you?

What is the power draw difference between 970 (or 980) SLI and a single 980 Ti?

I might go with a single GPU next gen if the power savings are there over two SLI'd GPU's.
(11-13-2015, 03:01 AM)gstanford Wrote: Apoppin, you have 970's as well as 980 Ti don't you?

What is the power draw difference between 970 (or 980) SLI and a single 980 Ti?

I might go with a single GPU next gen if the power savings are there over two SLI'd GPU's.

I have a single Titan X, a single GTX 970, two GTX 980s, and two GTX 980 Tis.

Pascal will probably be very efficient as well as powerful. I cannot predict what GP204 will be like compared with GP220, however, the full Big Die Pascal will probably also come last.

Until then your SLI PC will probably have no issues with DX11 games at 2560x1600.

Do you have a way to measure your power draw of your PC running a benchmark? We could compare since I have a KillAWatt meter.
I'd have to get a kill-a-watt, used to have one a few years back, can't find it anymore.

If I could save 50W or more for instance by going with 1 big card instead of two mid-range cards then I'd definitely do it.

Definitely going to swap the old 1200W PSU out of the gaming rig for a modern 750W unit though, should save a fair bit of power just doing that.  I've had 8 years out of the 1200W, it hasn't done too badly, and has earned its retirement, plus it simply isn't required for the sort of PC I build any more.  Power requirements have reversed unless you are on the insane enthusiast high-end bleeding edge.
I thought you had a power meter.  Too bad you misplaced yours, they are quite useful (and surprising also!).

I would generally prefer one slightly slower card rather than two slighter faster SLI'd cards anyway.

Curious .. how do you "retire" a 1200W PSU?  Just keep it as a back-up, I guess.  8 years is a decent run and the newer units are more efficient.  Mine is last years EVGA Gold 1000W PSU, so it should serve me for a few years to come.

I am looking into installing solar panels on my property this coming year (the last year of the big tax incentives is 2016).  It looks like I need a 10-12 panel installation to cover my needs (~$10,000 which would take about 8 years to recoup in savings on my energy bill).
Cool
Yeah, just stash it away until I get sick of it taking up space.

A couple of months ago I had a major clean out, all my old motherboards, cpu cards, video cards etc went to the tip shop.  Oldest PC I still have is my 2600K now.  Was getting to the point where I could barely get into the spare parts room, and most of what was there hadn't been touched for years.

Other people can tinker with it now and I have some room to move.

I kept my Geforce 2 pro and my voodoo 2, that's it though.
(11-13-2015, 04:11 AM)gstanford Wrote: Yeah, just stash it away until I get sick of it taking up space.

A couple of months ago I had a major clean out, all my old motherboards, cpu cards, video cards etc went to the tip shop.  Oldest PC I still have is my 2600K now.  Was getting to the point where I could barely get into the spare parts room, and most of what was there hadn't been touched for years.

Other people can tinker with it now and I have some room to move.

I kept my Geforce 2 pro and my voodoo 2, that's it though.

Oooooh .... don't remind me! My garage is near full and I have to go through everything. Well, I did, but now I have to take action and give things away and toss the rest out. If I haven't used it in 33 years(!), I probably don't need it is my new rule.
Dodgy
Thread is now closed.

The discussion may continue here:

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=453

This one got too long. I'll probably do this a few times a year.
Blush