• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
Why don't you test it on both? Then you can also have an article that compares Windows 8 and Windows 10 gaming performance. That will get you a ton of hits.
(08-09-2015, 01:28 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Why don't you test it on both?  Then you can also have an article that compares Windows 8 and Windows 10 gaming performance.  That will get you a ton of hits.

I already do have an upcoming article on Win 8.1 v Win 10. I just benched GTX 980 Ti and GTX 980 SLI on Win 8.1; I am finishing up benching R9 290X and 290X CrossFire on Win 8.1. All with the latest drivers from each camp. Soon as I am done, I repeat the benching - but on Win 10.

THEN I bench 390X on Win 10. If I can time it right, I'll get Fury X back here for benching before I return 390X - IF I return it.

Does that sound like a decent plan?

Does anyone care if I use SP BF4 instead of SP Hardline?
Huh

Battlefield Hardline: 59.99 Now 26.99
Sounds like a good plan.

I don't care personally about Hardline. It's on the same engine right? I don't think there would be a major difference in terms of performance.
AFAIK, Hardline is BF4 with a different skin. It is the "latest", however :P
I'm almost done with the last benching that I expect to do on Win 8.1. I am finishing up 290X CrossFire results and just realized that the last time that I tested 290X CF was on Catalyst 15.4B .. a few months ago. So the results won't quite line up.

Anyway, I'll install Win 10 tonight and then work on the same benchmarks to compare Win 8.1 v 10
- GTX 980 Ti and GTX 980 SLI and R9 290X and R9 290X CF. I should be done on Wednesday.

THEN 390X ... v 290X ... and v GTX 980 ... on Win 10
Cool
Good luck with Windows 10!  That's going to be a stressful one for you.  I hope it goes ok.

Hey look what I found:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B010A7V6KA

A Fury X for $700CAD!  That's $532USD, not bad. :)
That has to be a pricing error.  VisionTek Fury X is 699 US dollars. I wish that I could buy it at that price . . . right now!

I don't know about stressful.  Win 8.1 is stressful
:P
Apparently Amazon is good about honoring these errors and they are quite common when new cards come out.

I would offer to buy it for you and ship it down to you but by the time we factor in the Canadian tax and the shipping it won't be worth it. Plus it only ships in 2 to 4 weeks.
(08-10-2015, 12:46 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Apparently Amazon is good about honoring these errors and they are quite common when new cards come out.

I would offer to buy it for you and ship it down to you but by the time we factor in the Canadian tax and the shipping it won't be worth it.  Plus it only ships in 2 to 4 weeks.

International orders don't usually work well between private parties. But thank-you for the offer! I will pick one up in a week or so. I notice that new Fury X stock keeps coming in, so I am likely to get a proper pump. Perhaps when stock is filled, prices will drop or they will add a game bundle.
It depends on how well it is selling. Really the only market for the Fury X is for 4k gamers but it lacks HDMI 2.0 and it only has 4gb of VRAM. I would say that if you wait long enough the retailers and the partners will have to cut the prices even if AMD doesn't.