• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
Most people don't care about adding extra voltage. Only a small subset of enthusiasts use voltage adjustments. Mostly overvoltage allows enthusiasts to stabilize a marginal overclock.

I'll take ANY open box 390X. Other than that, free shipping and standard return policy are required. Cheap is good too
Blush
Well the card you linked to is showing $3.99 shipping now. Most of the other ones have $4.99 shipping. Do you have a Premier membership?
No. It still shows free shipping for me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125804&cm

No, no Premier membership
:(

Shall I buy it now? I am almost finished benching for my GeForce 330.60 WHQL driver analysis on Win 8.1 (which is why I am not replying so soon). Then I bench 290X and 290X CF on Win 8.1 and after that I rebench both sets of cards on Win 10. THEN I can look at 390X vs 290X (and vs GTX 980) on Win 10
Blush
Sure why not. I just hope Newegg doesn't give you a hard time returning it. I have a feeling that if you make a habit of this they will start to give you a hassle.
(08-05-2015, 02:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Sure why not.  I just hope Newegg doesn't give you a hard time returning it.  I have a feeling that if you make a habit of this they will start to give you a hassle.

Why would Newegg give me a hard time returning something that follows to the letter their Standard Return Policy?
  • I accept the 15% restocking fee.
  • I will pay the shipping back.
  • Everything will be perfect for the return (I won't even overvolt it and the parts will be unopened and untouched)

Fury X was a very different matter.  It was **defective**.  I even offered Newegg to accept a store credit but they were too slow processing my request.  No matter how you look at it, I will spend ($733 for Fury X + $65 to buy and return a 390X that I am "not satisfied" with; and perhaps I may keep it, you never know) - all in a 5-6 week period.  And I have spent several hundred more dollars with Newegg this year.  I have been a Newegg customer for about ten years (let me guess that I have spent over ten thousand dollars - mostly at Newegg - on hardware for ABT and BTR benching, and I have not abused their system

Quote:Shall I buy it now?
I think I should wait until I am nearly done with the Win 10 vs Win 8.1 driver comparisons. It gives me more of a chance to score an open box. So, I will be looking to buy a 390X by the end of next week, and a Fury X the week afterward.
I just find that computer hardware stores tend to be really difficult when it comes to returns. NCIX has been the worst in my experience.

Good luck finding an open box! They seem hard to find on Newegg right now.
I have to wait for some returns on 390X :P
- there are several open box 290Xes

Thanks
Hey I just found this on Amazon, I'm not sure how it would work with the return policy. It looks to me like you could return it for a full refund, but you should call them to check:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...ed?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Thank-you!! It is sold as used - returned open damaged box item - with a standard return policy.

It has been ordered and will be here on Tuesday.
Cool

Now I really have to hurry!!!

Blush
(08-08-2015, 04:58 PM)apoppin Wrote: Thank-you!!  It is sold as used - returned open damaged box item - with a standard return policy.

It has been ordered and will be here on Tuesday.  
Cool

Now I really have to hurry!!!

Blush

You're welcome! :)

It's going to make for a great review.

Which one did you get? The one with only the damaged packaging or the one that had actual damage on the card?