• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
If you or anyone else sees an Open Box 390X preferably at Newegg, post here or email me please!

I will buy it immediately!

Thank-you.
I will definitely let you know. Why does it have to be open box? Better return policy?

What about this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-P..._1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1438705213&sr=1-12&keywords=radeon+390x

I'm pretty sure that Amazon has a really good return policy and they will give you a free return shipping label. I don't think they even have a restocking fee. Confirm this first but I'm pretty sure that they will be much better to deal with than Newegg.
It's my conscience.  I am planning to buy a 390X for the sole purpose of benching it and returning it. Although I will make no money from the review, it will increase BTR's traffic and status.
Blush

I want to pay the restocking fee and the return shipping.  I don't want to screw the middleman or cost them anything.

The reason that I am looking for (primarily open box) is because is it usually already 10-20% cheaper because it was opened (hence my restocking fee is lower) and they are very easy to return.  

(08-04-2015, 04:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I will definitely let you know.  Why does it have to be open box?  Better return policy?

What about this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-P..._1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1438705213&sr=1-12&keywords=radeon+390x

I'm pretty sure that Amazon has a really good return policy and they will give you a free return shipping label.  I don't think they even have a restocking fee.  Confirm this first but I'm pretty sure that they will be much better to deal with than Newegg.
That's a good way to look at it. I will keep an eye out for one for you. Do you not have any computer stores close to where you live? My local retailers usually have quite a few open boxed items.
The closest big box store (Best Buy) is about an hour drive, one way. The good big box stores (like MicroCenter, Fry's maybe) are in the 3-4 hours round trip range. Way too far to have to go once to buy it and then again to return it
Cry
Well hopefully you can track down an open box on Newegg relatively quickly. Good luck. I will keep an eye out as well.
If there is no open box, we can create one - for $65 plus shipping back.
:D

Here is the one that I would pick - $429.99, free ship and standard return (15%) policy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125804&cm

GIGABYTE GV-R939XWF2-8GD (rev. 1.0) Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card
Ew gigabyte. It's probably voltage locked.
I bench all of my cards at stock voltage.
(08-04-2015, 11:39 PM)apoppin Wrote: I bench all of my cards at stock voltage.

I think a lot of people will want to know how far the card will overclock if you give it some extra voltage.

I'm personally biased against Gigabyte because of the Gigabyte Radeon 7970 that I owned briefly. I did not expect it to be voltage locked. Revision 2.0 of the cards were locked down but Gigabyte did it very quietly and all the review samples were unlocked 1.0 cards.

My personal favorite brand right now is MSI.