• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
Thank-you

I'd hold off on it for awhile.  I am not going to upgrade any of my PCs except for my benching PC.
BTR has moved up the rankings to Number 61,000 .... in Canada!

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/babeltechreviews.com

Global Rank - 1,604,940 (up 11,770,636)

Rank in Canada - 61,210

Notice the Rank in the USA at 795,845 !!

As of the 28 of this month (yesterday's control panel tracking, we have over 12,000* unique visitors!

* Viewed Traffic (Not viewed traffic includes traffic generated by robots, worms, or replies with special HTTP status codes and they are not counted)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Keeps moving up daily.  Now ranked in United States at 706,280 (up almost 90,000 places overnight! just from the previous post), with 19% USA visitors.  Obviously the percentage of visitors is way off since BTR gets about 75% of its traffic from the USA and Canada.  Actually, I expect the Alexa ranking to drop since I am benching and not writing.

.... However, I am in talks with someone to add another possibly regular writer for BTR!! An industry insider.
Cool

ANYway ... change of plans.  I am now going to benchmark the latest WHQL 353.62 unified driver from Nvidia (released primarily for Win 10) for my last reviews using Win 8.1 as a platform.  I am going to use the GTX 980 Ti and GTX 980 Ti SLI.  Then I'll migrate the reviewing platform to Win 10 and compare Win 8.1 vs Win 1O using the same drivers.  Then rinse and repeat with AMD, probably using the 290X (since Fury X is at Newegg for RMA). I'll find out tomorrow if I am getting a refund (and a 390X), or a replacement Fury X.

THEN, after migrating to Win 10, I'll explore CrossFire vs SLI scaling.  Who really cares about 8.1 any longer?
---So I'll be busy.
:-/
BTR finished July with a really good month. 12,500 unique visitors (way up from July's 7,500)

[Image: July-Stats-BTR.png]

I'll have a new driver performance evaluation for GeForce 353.62 up this weekend with GTX 980 Ti and GTX 980 Ti SLI. Then it's a platform change to Windows 10 and a series of comparisons with Windows 8.1 in gaming.
I should have the 353.62 evaluation up tonight/tomorrow AM.
Blush

Then I'll work on the latest Catalyst driver. Then an article comparing with Win 10

Then either 390X or Fury X. Newegg decided to refund my money
Cool
LOL why do you have so much traffic from Canada? Do I really post that much here?? :)

Actually I did link to BTR a few times from Redflagdeals, a Canadian hot deal forum that I visit regularly.

I'm glad to see the traffic continuing to grow. Keep churning out great articles and I'm sure that will continue.

Did your industry insider agree to write for BTR? Will they be similar to Andy Markin?
No.  One person cannot affect the 12,500 monthly Unique visitor stat enough to skew the results that much.  But obviously there is a readership from Canada who may have followed RedFlagDeals links.  Thank-you.  It's also good to see BTR in the top 700K in the USA - where we get most of our traffic, not the 19% that Alexa reports.

Not yet.  He is a natural writer who has never written formally and I think that I probably need to encourage him more. He could be a great writer here.   I think his articles will be quite different from Andy's.  He is a PC gamer also.

(08-03-2015, 11:34 PM)SickBeast Wrote: LOL why do you have so much traffic from Canada?  Do I really post that much here?? :)

Actually I did link to BTR a few times from Redflagdeals, a Canadian hot deal forum that I visit regularly.  

I'm glad to see the traffic continuing to grow.  Keep churning out great articles and I'm sure that will continue.

Did your industry insider agree to write for BTR?  Will they be similar to Andy Markin?
So are you planning to re-buy the Fury X at some point?

It's good that Newegg refunded you. You were just going to keep on getting cards with the pump noise. It's going to take some time for them to fix it and get new units into the channel.
Well, the last Fury X was definitely less whiny than the first one, but I want a fixed one since I spend so much time benching it.  I was thinking to buy an open box 390X and bench it, then return it for the 15% restocking fee (~$65).  I have quite awhile to bench it against the 290Xes that I have. So far, benching Fury X has cost me $35 (shipping, Next Day Air).

Then I would buy Fury X next month.  With a little luck the pump issues will all have been fixed.
And maybe its price will soften.

At any rate, expect a *series* of articles, driver performance evaluations including mGPU across Win 8.1 and Win 10, and reviews.
That sounds like a good plan to me. Good luck!