• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR II .. and report issues here
We'll start over.  The other thread derailed and I won't let it happen here.  At any rate, it was 7-1/2 months old and we can use a fresh start.

This thread is primarily for reporting issues with BTR, and I will also give you a progress report here, and what is planned for the near future; and suggestions are welcomed for ideas (for future reviews, etc.)

I opened Fury X up, and it is the same old pump.  So it goes back for RMA.  In the meantime, I will buy a high-quality microphone so that I can add audio analysis and db measurements to my reviews

The next review up that is scheduled is GTX 980 Ti SLI and GTX 980 SLI scaling.  Perhaps I can also look at Kepler SLI.  I will also overclock and underclock my CPU to see what CPU speeds have to do with SLI scaling across 3 resolutions up to 4K.

Anything else you want to see reviewed?  Post it here!

Thank-you for your cooperation.
One thing that I am curious about is CPU scaling AMD versus nVidia. Perhaps you could see how the various cards do at different CPU speeds.
Do you want me to add 290X CrossFire results at a couple of CPU speeds?
  • 290X CF
  • GTX 980 TI SLI
  • GTX 980 SLI
  • GTX 680 SLI

This could be an very interesting review. Maybe I should also underclock my CPU to simulate 4770 at stock speeds.
Yes I think that would make a great article.
Well, OK then. I am back to work! This evaluation will take a couple of weeks, but I will post Fury X updates in the meantime as I test the 2nd and 3rd cards that I get back from the RMAs. Hopefully third time will be a charm, with a new and fixed pump.

(and I feeling much better! I have a lot more energy from my new and rather radical diet. AND my blood pressure is much more normal now)
It's a blessing, Poppin - I love you, Poppin, and hope all goes the best! My love might be retarded to you, but hey, please never underestimate the power of the 'Bringer of Existence" in this "What-is-this-thing-right-now"!!!!
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
You are talking about the sim, right.

And I love you too, and I forgive you.

Angel

And this thing right now, is my work here.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and start an OT thread on discussing the "sim" - just discussion, not a war!
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Here's another (small) milestone in BRT's very short history.

BTR reached the 10,000 unique visitors mark today for the calendar month of July (Summer is traditionally slow for tech and tech sites).  And there is still yet a week to go.  IMO it's very good progress for less than 8 months of existence.

Most of the traffic is visiting the main site as befits a balanced tech review site. It also means that BTR is qualified to go to major press events like CES 2016 which I am planning to attend.

Cool

I have the Fury X overclocking results posted in the Fury X thread, and I'll have a detailed post with charts up this evening on the main site. I am working on a major CF and SLI scaling article also. And getting ready for Win 10.
That's great news. :)

I'm worried about the Windows 10 upgrade actually. I don't want it to mess up my computer.