• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Witcher 3 arrives with an extra free key for a BTR community member!
Yeah I'm actually shocked at how well the game runs. I have the tessellation set to 8x. I will try 64x later.
Apparently the highest you should set it to is 16x. I will try it out later.
Game runs great on my 970, foliage visibility has the biggest performance hit (other then hairworks) which I set to medium maybe high don't remember.  Just got through the tutorial and into the open world and seeing fps between 45-60 at 2560x1440. 

BTW Nvidia has a tweak guide on there site that does a great job at breaking down all the the setting and their impact on performance.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/...king-guide
(05-22-2015, 07:37 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Apparently the highest you should set it to is 16x. I will try it out later.

It will probably depend on your card.  Tahiti has a weaker tesselation engine than Hawaii's.

Quote:Game runs great on my 970, foliage visibility has the biggest performance hit (other then hairworks) which I set to medium maybe high don't remember.  Just got through the tutorial and into the open world and seeing fps between 45-60 at 2560x1440.

BTW Nvidia has a tweak guide on there site that does a great job at breaking down all the the setting and their impact on performance.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/...king-guide
It's an excellent guide.  I max everything out completely including HairWorks (for benching purposes), and get mid-30s average with a GTX 980 at your resolution.

You might want to try my benchmark.  It's 100% repeatable and easy to do.
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=183&pid=1747#pid1747
Hold down the shift key to automate it
I ran your benchmark. I got 34fps on the "high" preset with hairworks fully enabled and postprocessing set to "high" as well. I notice that when I turn off hairworks I get 10-15 more fps. Also, setting tesselation to 16x in the drivers gives me too much of a performance hit; I'm going to dial it back to 8x and benchmark some more.

This game is absolutely beautiful! It's actually not bad even at 30-40fps. Hopefully my fps will jump back up with the tesselation dialed down.

Hmm. I get 39fps with the tesselation dialed back to 8x. I'm going to try again without hairworks.

Hmm. 45fps with hairworks turned off. I'm going to leave it off. I might try running without AA as well to see if I can hit 60fps.

49fps with postprocessing set to low. I'm going to leave it back at high. I notice a big difference in the visuals and I can live with 4fps less.

Now I've turned on ultra textures and the performance hit appears to be negligible.
Thank-you. I haven't ran my Radeons yet. I am hoping for a new driver. I thought it would be here today. :P
:(

The benchmark seems representative of the game, so far. Unfortunately, I only played a bit further into the game. This is a game I would like to play. No time right now
Cry

But then I am doing other things which are quite interesting. Both playing a game and/or benching a new card are technically "work" (since it takes precedent in my daily life right now) although it doesn't seem like work. And if I said I would do it for free anyway
... well, I AM doing it for free.
:)
(05-23-2015, 03:28 AM)apoppin Wrote: Thank-you.  I haven't ran my Radeons yet.  I am hoping for a new driver.  I thought it would be here today. :P
:(

The benchmark seems representative of the game, so far.  Unfortunately, I only played a bit further into the game.  This is a game I would like to play.  No time right now
Cry

But then I am doing other things which are quite interesting.  Both playing a game and/or benching a new card are technically "work" (since it takes precedent in my daily life right now) although it doesn't seem like work.  And if I said I would do it for free anyway
... well, I AM doing it for free.
:)

It actually seems like one of the more demanding sequences in the game, at least in the early part of the game. I did some running around in the open world beyond that first village and I was getting close to 60fps quite consistently.

This game is truly a work of art. The graphics are splendid. They really outdid themselves. Hopefully the AMD driver you keep talking about will bring a decent performance boost.