• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *18*
GeForce 472.12 driver performance analysis
https://babeltechreviews.com/geforce-472...rformance/
Adrenalin 21.10.2 driver performance analysis:
https://babeltechreviews.com/adrenalin-2...-analysis/

No review on the 6600. I opted out for personal/health reasons and am taking a break from reviewing until December. I may post 1 SSD review that I already finished. The 6600 is the same price as the 3060, about the same performance in rasterized games, very weak for VR, and just as unobtainable at any reasonable price.
Wink 
(10-14-2021, 07:33 PM)apoppin Wrote: No review on the 6600.  I opted out for personal/health reasons and am taking a break from reviewing until December.  I may post 1 SSD review that I already finished.  The 6600 is the same price as the 3060, about the same performance in rasterized games, very weak for VR, and just as unobtainable at any reasonable price.

hello apoppin, BTR and staff. checking in again on yall. had a decent summer and hass been a while since i posted. i still have been lurking here just really busy with life/work and etc. you know the drill.  Laugh1 

i have been keeping up with the reviews in my spare time and keeping up to date. thanks for all the driver updates and VR reviews. good reads. i have been keeping my drivers up to date and VR seems promising. it will only get better as time goes on. surprised to see the GPU market is still bad out there and the prices are still sky high. was a blessing to get that 3070ti in the summer. i do feel though i could use more power. the 3080 would have been sweet spot for my 1440p. 3080ti is too much money. not complaining though as i can enjoy RTX now. still no response from EVGA for my 3080 queue from December 2020 even though i switched to LHR version via the emails. maybe sometihing nice and availability with come with 4xxx or 5xxx series. i will be curious. if so i would upgrade.

sounds good apoppin. Good3 Good3 
take a break as much time as you need and put your heath and well being first. hope you feel better. winter is coming so the rest can wait. i am getting everything fall ready now in prep for the winter. slowing doing some cleaning up outside and we did some pickling for the winter. it will be great. i will also have a beer for your health, so this cheers to you and see you soon. take care!!! Drinks Drinks 

Thanks again BTR and apoppin,
Drinks
Magnus

[Image: 2021-10-06-17-07-07-1.png]
[Image: 2021-10-06-17-07-07-2.png]
(10-14-2021, 11:43 PM)Magnus Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 07:33 PM)apoppin Wrote: No review on the 6600.  I opted out for personal/health reasons and am taking a break from reviewing until December.  I may post 1 SSD review that I already finished.  The 6600 is the same price as the 3060, about the same performance in rasterized games, very weak for VR, and just as unobtainable at any reasonable price.

hello apoppin, BTR and staff. checking in again on yall. had a decent summer and hass been a while since i posted. i still have been lurking here just really busy with life/work and etc. you know the drill.
Laugh1

i have been keeping up with the reviews in my spare time and keeping up to date. thanks for all the driver updates and VR reviews. good reads. i have been keeping my drivers up to date and VR seems promising. it will only get better as time goes on. surprised to see the GPU market is still bad out there and the prices are still sky high. was a blessing to get that 3070ti in the summer. i do feel though i could use more power. the 3080 would have been sweet spot for my 1440p. 3080ti is too much money. not complaining though as i can enjoy RTX now. still no response from EVGA for my 3080 queue from December 2020 even though i switched to LHR version via the emails. maybe sometihing nice and availability with come with 4xxx or 5xxx series. i will be curious. if so i would upgrade.

sounds good apoppin.
Good3

take a break as much time as you need and put your heath and well being first. hope you feel better. winter is coming so the rest can wait. i am getting everything fall ready now in prep for the winter. slowing doing some cleaning up outside and we did some pickling for the winter. it will be great. i will also have a beer for your health, so this cheers to you and see you soon. take care!!!
Drinks

Drinks

[Image: 2021-10-06-17-07-07-1.png]
[Image: 2021-10-06-17-07-07-2.png]

It's always good to hear from you.

As to the GPU market, crypto hasn't imploded yet and the bubble has a ways to go before bursting. The USA and Europe aren't far behind China when it comes to regulating it - if fact, China has banned it, but the miners have moved elsewhere. The crypto pyramid is still being hyped and manipulated by rich people like Musk, but what bubbles will burst. Just be patient. Of course, the supply chain is a real mess and COVID is still with us. It's going to take awhile to get to our new "normal".

The last time I got this sick (blood pressure 224/124), I went to Honolulu for 10 days in 2018 to seek treatment from my TCM doctor and I was fine for 3 years. I think I did it to myself with extreme overwork and stress - not to mention I set up a new office by refurbishing the studio apartment built into the garage next door complete with solar - AND I painted the interior of my home. I think the toxic VOC in the paint triggered my allergies to return in a big way. I'm back to eating mostly white rice and testing foods one by one to determine which are "safe" or not.

I'm heading again to Honolulu - this time for a full month for more extensive treatment. It will be a nice break as I have a studio apartment on the 20th floor overlooking the ocean a five minute walk from the Ala Moana Beach Park (and Shopping Center). I should (hopefully) be back and fit to return to work in December.

Rodrigo, Sean, and Mario will take up BTR's reviewing slack and I'll still continue to edit their posts and also post news. I may even write a few articles about local gaming in Hawaii.

I hope you have a really great Autumn and holiday season!
Good3
I just created a new BTR community on reddit. r/BabelTech

https://www.reddit.com/r/babeltech/

Feel free to join. There are 3 members so far, but it will grow. Some prefer reddit's way of posting over using a traditional forum. If you are a reddit member, just click 'join' and 'follow' to get BTR's latest news and posts. If not, it's an easy sign up with an email address.
Good3
This is my last review until December. I'm in Honolulu on a medical leave and getting treatment.

https://babeltechreviews.com/teamgroup-5...sd-review/

Aloha from Hawaii!

(It's a nice studio with a good view :)
[Image: IMG-0064.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0067.jpg]
(10-15-2021, 05:35 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:43 PM)Magnus Wrote:

It's always good to hear from you. 

The last time I got this sick (blood pressure 224/124), I went to Honolulu for 10 days in 2018 to seek treatment from my TCM doctor and I was fine for 3 years.  I think I did it to myself with extreme overwork and stress - not to mention I set up a new office by refurbishing the studio apartment built into the garage next door complete with solar - AND I painted the interior of my home.  I think the toxic VOC in the paint triggered my allergies to return in a big way.  I'm back to eating mostly white rice and testing foods one by one to determine which are "safe" or not. 

I'm heading again to Honolulu - this time for a full month for more extensive treatment.  It will be a nice break as I have a studio apartment on the 20th floor overlooking the ocean a five minute walk from the Ala Moana Beach Park (and Shopping Center).  I should (hopefully) be back and fit to return to work in December.

Rodrigo, Sean, and Mario will take up BTR's reviewing slack and I'll still continue to edit their posts and also post news.  I may even write a few articles about local gaming in Hawaii.

I hope you have a really great Autumn and holiday season!
Good3
hello apoppin, BTR and staff. checking in again.

its good to hear form you as well. wow it really does seem like you overworked yourself then with all the office work refburshing the studio and garage and painting. hopefully you started to feel better and the food testing didnt last that long and you were able to eat your regular foods again. 

oh yay. Hawaii. Waikiki. Honolulu amazing. i havent been in 10+ years. i love it there. i am so jealous. hahaha. but you are going for your health and not a vacation. but maybe both,  JC-LOL Dance3

i will be on the lookout for more posts and enjoy your time in Hawaii and if you have time about local gaming that will be cool to read as well.  Dirol

(10-24-2021, 03:34 PM)apoppin Wrote: I just created a new BTR community on reddit.  r/BabelTech

https://www.reddit.com/r/babeltech/

Feel free to join.  There are 3 members so far, but it will grow.  Some prefer reddit's way of posting over using a traditional forum.  If you are a reddit member, just click 'join' and 'follow' to get BTR's latest news and posts.  If not, it's an easy sign up with an email address.
Good3

thats nice for anyone that does enjoy reddit. i personally do not like it at all. but good move for BTR. i stay away from reddit. do not like the layout nor the community. never have never will use it ever.  Beee

(11-03-2021, 06:05 AM)apoppin Wrote: This is my last review until December.  I'm in Honolulu on a medical leave and getting treatment. 

https://babeltechreviews.com/teamgroup-5...sd-review/

Aloha from Hawaii!

(It's a nice studio with a good view :)
[Image: IMG-0064.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0067.jpg]
hey you made it to Hawaii Honolulu. Congradulations!!!  Friends that is great news. hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy the weather and treatment. i am jealous.  JC-LOL autumn is coming in fast and its starting to get cold here and dark fast as well. next week with the time change will be even worse. i could use some hawaiian sun right about now. the mercury is too low for me. ugh. enjoy and i hope you feel better.  JC-LOL lucky lucky lucky, love the condo as well. do you have a Lanai? 

Drinks
Cheers
ALOHA
MAHALO
HAVE FUN IN THE SUN, GET LEI'D IN THE SHADE.
Magnus
Dance3
It's good to hear from you again. And you're right. I really overdid it this time. I think what finally triggered my allergies was painting the entire interior of the house. I took precautions, but I wore a mask not a respirator - and no matter what precautions I took, I got a little paint on me. Couple that with overwork - and I got what I deserved.
Beee

At any rate, I have had my second treatment today and my blood pressure is almost back to normal. I also got in contact with some of my friends who I haven't see here in 20+ years. I was only here for 10 days last time and didn't get to visit. So it IS a vacation as well as for treatment. I will get to see some of them since I am here for another 3+ weeks. Pandemic rules are strict indoors, but the trades blow most of the time so it's safe to be outside without a mask.

Hawaii treats their senior citizens very well. I take the bus everywhere - it's $6 a month for a month's unlimited rides - and the bus service is exceptional. And of course, the weather is perfect with highs in the low/mid-80sF and lows in the 70s. My condo is outstanding with the only difficulty being a rather small kitchen. I had to buy a stainless steel 3 quart cooking/steaming pot ($17) - but thank heavens for Walmart (I never thought I'd say that) - it's cheap compared with shopping at most other stores. As you know food prices are very high but I buy quite a bit of food there. I also completely packed my suitcases with what is super-expensive here (organic olive oil, for example).
Good3

I hope your weather doesn't get too cold. I will be in for a shock when I get home - from tropical to Winter overnight.

No Lanai. But there is a shared patio by the pool for cooking, etc. The elevator is glass walled which is rather nice. I'll try to write something on local gaming. I am planning to explore Oahu again and see places that I missed when I lived here for 8 years and was either working or surfing. But I don't have to do the tourist thing as I know Oahu quite well.
Gamer4

I also prefer the traditional forum to reddit - but I have accepted that it's popular and I went with it. I get the latest tech news instantly now.

Aloha from Hawaii
Crazy_pilot
It's worth upgrading to Win 11 - at least as far as game performance goes.

https://babeltechreviews.com/windows-11-...-analysis/
Still taking a break
Good3

Some pics I took from my condo's window.

Aloha

[Image: Sunset-11-09-21-final.jpg]

[Image: Sunset-11-09-21-final-2.jpg]