• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *18*
With the getting winded after sprinting thing, choose the stamina option when you take over a NERO outpost and have access to the injector inside. All of that changes over time though, you end up pretty god like it just takes a long time to level up and be powerful. Fuel is barely a concern in the later half of the game, things start to improve once you can access iron mikes camp and pick up drastically when the southern half of the map opens up to you.

Like I said, I would use a trainer to give yourself unbreakable melee weapons and infinite stamina and bike fuel if those things irritate you enough not to play. It's not like it's multiplayer and the only person you are "cheating" is yourself, but I'd say its saving not cheating since it sounds like those issues are stopping you from playing.

Anyway thats my two cents on the subject. I've never been a big fan of the RE franchise to be honest, RE5 is about the only one I tolerated enough to play, mainly because it is more action focused.

Thank-you for the suggestions. But it isn't that I am too irritated to continue - it's that I have no time to return to it. The same thing happened with Death Stranding.

Someday, I'll try to get back to them. Maybe I should really retire.

The only reason I completed RE8 - an inferior game - it because it was easy and I was unable to concentrate on work for over a week after my back went out. I completely refurbished my studio apartment next door into an office and put my back out during my solar panel install and heavy moving. I am paying for my little forced gaming vacation now by being way behind.

That said, I have separated my work from my life - and I love my house again. It is uncluttered now and my office is really nice.
-- But I am working ridiculous hours just to catch up
Beee
Cool. Just didn't want you to give up too early on the game, like a lot do, it is slow to really get the ball rolling (you thought Horizon Zero Dawn took a while to get to the point - it's positively hasty compared to Days Gone).

Also the game cops criticism from those who don't take the time to get to know it about being misleading about the hordes. The hordes are there you just have to seek them out, the story will only have you deal with a few, but there are many more than that in the game.

Turning the apartment into a work office seems like a smart move and if you manage your time well now that its done you can make some time for gaming, away from a work setting.

I liked Horizon Dawn and thought it went quickly. Death Stranding OtOH took a long while to get going and it started to get good when I had to quit. I can see Days Gone is a good game - but it's a slow build up. And I met several hordes already ... good thing I was not on foot. They are pretty impressive.

Turning my studio into an office is also an awesome tax write-off. I put in a small solar system with a solar generator so I won't go offline in a power outage. During fire season, my electricity will get cut off when the winds come up. It a 4 x 100W solar panel set up with an 1800W /1300 WH solar generator. I plan to buy another identical setup so I will have 2 generators and 8x100W so my office can go totally off grid. I also have a dual-fuel propane generator for days without sun - the battery will completely charge in 1.5 hours.
- And of course, my gaming PC is still in my house - the 8700K is fine for anything. It's also my dedicated sim PC for use with my Reverb G2 HMD (that doesn't require base stations so it's easy to move back and forth - unlike the Vive Pro 2 or my Valve Index)
Good3

It's 1 AM and I'm still benching the new card (I'll completely finish within 1/2 hour). Tomorrow is VR and I'll be back up at 6 AM working on the Vive Pro 2 part of the review. New review on Wednesday at 6 AM. That's the only reason I don't game as much as I'd like
Beee

[Image: Solar.jpg]

[Image: EFDelta.jpg]
New review expected tomorrow - a 2-in-1 featuring the Vive Pro 2's performance. I learned a lot and the review will be unique.
(I hope).

Vive told me the Pro 2 was plug and play but the highest (native) resolution was grayed out and I spent hours troubleshooting it. It turns out that I have to use the new link box. I got 5 games benchmarked with the Pro 2 with some really interesting results. Check back tomorrow for a unique review.
Gamer4
https://babeltechreviews.com/the-rtx-307...ive-pro-2/

RTX 3070 Ti benchmarked with 25 games and 5 VR games featuring the Vive Pro 2
It's hard to get interested in something you can't reasonably buy (and is extremely overpriced when you can find it) and sticking with 8gb of ram instead of 12 on 3070 Ti is ridiculous chip shortages or not. Of course this applies to pretty much the entire Ampere generation.
(06-10-2021, 05:56 AM)gstanford Wrote: It's hard to get interested in something you can't reasonably buy (and is extremely overpriced when you can find it) and sticking with 8gb of ram instead of 12 on 3070 Ti is ridiculous chip shortages or not. Of course this applies to pretty much the entire Ampere generation.

All reviewers are suffering also as views drop. The big Yt sites are reinforcing the negativity in an effort to retain views.

However, hope is on the horizon. Here's what I wrote in my 3080 Ti review

Quote:We believe that the demand for video cards is going to take a steep drop soon. ETH GPU mining will die after (1) the difficulty spikes in July, (2) Summer’s cooling costs hit miners; (3) ASICS’ efficiency moves the big ETH miners away from GPU farms, and (4) gamers return to work en masse in the USA and Europe followed by the rest of the world as vaccinations bring an end to the COVID-19 pandemic. As governments again look to regulate and tax BitCoin profits, it is already showing signs of imploding. More video cards are beginning to show up on eBay at slightly lower prices. The end of the COVID-19 and Crypto pandemics are in view and a new ‘Roaring 20s’ for gamers may soon appear on the horizon.

At any rate, I pointed out in my 3070 Ti review that it is not a particularly good value compared with the 3070.

I got more sleep last night (8 hours) than I did in the past 3 nights combined. I finally feel alive again and I am heading to the chiropractor's.
Good3
Well, down here about the only things in stock are 2060's a 2070 Super, a couple of non-ti 3070's and suddenly a big bunch of 3090's (after being AWOL for a few weeks).  3070 Ti wasn't even listed when I checked.  About the only thing on that list that would be meaningfully better than my 2080 Super is one of those 3090's.  Of course they are all priced $3995 Australian.  Just need to win the lottery, rob a bank or sell some organs off I guess - that or stick with what I already have (which I plan to for now).
(06-10-2021, 03:07 PM)gstanford Wrote: Well, down here about the only things in stock are 2060's a 2070 Super, a couple of non-ti 3070's and suddenly a big bunch of 3090's (after being AWOL for a few weeks).  3070 Ti wasn't even listed when I checked.  About the only thing on that list that would be meaningfully better than my 2080 Super is one of those 3090's.  Of course they are all priced $3995 Australian.  Just need to win the lottery, rob a bank or sell some organs off I guess - that or stick with what I already have (which I plan to for now).

I'd say stick with what you have. Prices are beyond ridiculous now - just like in 2016-2017. I think we will see some relief in Autumn. I hope so.

New review:
https://babeltechreviews.com/64gb-t-forc.../view-all/

TeamGroup sent me a 64GB notebook DDR4 3200MHz memory kit but my PC only supports 2666MHz. 64GB is massive overkill for my needs - generally 16GB will do for my notebook. 8GB is too low of a capacity and 12GB seems to be the minimum for daily office/work/browsing tasks.