• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *15*
It's really comfortable here now. Simply beautiful. We are on a narrow peninsula that juts out about a half mile into a lake. I think that keeps us cooler. It also keeps the bugs and bears away.
(06-30-2018, 10:04 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's really comfortable here now. Simply beautiful. We are on a narrow peninsula that juts out about a half mile into a lake. I think that keeps us cooler. It also keeps the bugs and bears away.

How does being on a peninsula help to keep bears and bugs away?

Bears swim really well ... and bugs fly
Huh

But I guess it is OK as long as you don't have any Bugbears
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugbear

[Image: 1869500-bugbear_dark_alliance.jpg]
Remember Dungeons and Dragons?
:D

It's the mid-day heat that keeps the animals and even the bugs away in my area; I only see squirrels in the early morning and again in the evening. We have coyotes and bobcats ... and occasionally a bear will come down from the mountains and there will be warning signs put up. And one of my now-deceased (and crazy) neighbors used to feed a mountain lion.
:tumbleweed:

This sign was posted in my town a couple of years back in the local park.
[Image: 57996cfb16464.image.jpg?resize=300%2C203]

But no Bugbears ..
Thinking
It seems to help. There are not a lot of bugs here. And we have never seen a bear.
(06-30-2018, 11:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote: . . . we have never seen a bear.

Never? Really? Here's a pic so you know what to watch out for:
[Image: kodiak-brown-bear-adult-portrait-wildlif...750&w=1260]

Brown is considered much more dangerous.

It sounds like you are in a great place and I hope you have a great weekend!
Thanks, same to you.
(07-01-2018, 01:00 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks, same to you.

Thank-you. I hope so. I am making more hibiscus tea right now before dinner.

Oh ... and a correction ... evidently there is controversy whether black bears are more dangerous to humans than brown bears. This study says that lone predatory black bears are the most dangerous - even more so than black female bears with cubs(! - but not so with brown bears)

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/article/...011/05/11/

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/bears/safety.htm

They always say to fight back against a black bear and play dead with a brown bear. And there is such a thing as bear pepper spray that is quite effective.
[Image: kelly_pepper-spray.jpg]
Well that was $50 shot in the you-know-where and a few hours lost out of my life I can never get back...
Cry

I am not adding The Crew 2 to my benching suite. It doesn't bring anything new to graphics or to the genre - but so far, it is an unrealistic load of cliched crap. I would be hard pressed to give it a 5/10. Maybe when it goes bargain bin *and* Ubisoft patches it might be a time waster - or if Ubi *really* fixes the MP, it could be good. But I would much rather - if forced to - play Watch Dogs 2

Oh wait .. same publisher .. but at least the older game is patched
Angel

As it stands, I am rather amazed it got even half-decent reviews. And the *worst* part is the 60 FPS cap which makes it silly to bench it for any comparisons. A GTX 1080 will run 3440x1440 in the 50s FPS but will drop into the 40s. And even on maximum visuals it isn't pretty (except in certain places), especially if you are looking at it critically.

However, I am glad I bought it. I actually forget to ask for a key, but if it was given to me as a reviewer I would be hard-pressed to justify even reviewing it at all.
Thinking
Wow that's brutal. Thanks for sharing. I will avoid it.
(07-02-2018, 12:06 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow that's brutal. Thanks for sharing. I will avoid it.

It's half-baked. It *might* be a good buy in a few months after it is patched and expanded. I didn't get to try the MP .. but there seems to be a lot of criticism directed at it now. The SP absolutely did not pull me in.

But I can say one good thing about it ... the driving music is OK.
Sounds like par for the course for those developers.

Most of them started off at Eden games and made the brilliant Test Drive Unlimited, then, most of the good developers left and those who were left made Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was flawed (but still fun), mediocre graphics and bad multiplayer.

Then they got snapped up by Ubisoft and made The Crew and now The Crew 2. Both games are flawed, have mediocre graphics and have bad multiplayer issues just like TDU2.

They do know how to put some catchy tunes in their games though.