• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *14*
Did you see Elric's new video? He went in for shoulder surgery today. Poor guy. He looks way too weak to be going under the knife IMO. I hope he is ok. One of his fans paid for some of his medical treatment.
(05-04-2018, 12:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Did you see Elric's new video? He went in for shoulder surgery today. Poor guy. He looks way too weak to be going under the knife IMO. I hope he is ok. One of his fans paid for some of his medical treatment.

No, they are too depressing for me to watch
:(

I emailed him several times ... I wish him well.
It looks like yes, on a new writer ... we are working out the details. I hope so!

Angel
Awesome! Congrats! That's great news.
(05-04-2018, 12:59 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Awesome! Congrats! That's great news.

We just have an agreement - "in principal"

There are details to be worked out. I hope we can add him to BTR's regular writing staff. He is self-motivated and most important to me, he *shares* freely. This is a rare combination of traits ... and it's how I started with benchmarking ...

Of course, everything is going to depend on what he wants. But it is an incredible plus to have a regular WHQL GeForce driver performance analysis - this very feature is what made BTR popular. I want to add it back and continue with the expansion ... it's how you build a tech site from the ground up with a 'sweat equity' investment.

There can be no more satisfaction to me than the creation of something useful out of 1s and 0s

Angel
So when is he going to start? Does he have benchmarks of the current drivers?
(05-04-2018, 04:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So when is he going to start? Does he have benchmarks of the current drivers?

We are still discussing. It may not work out. Or it may.

I have some good ideas for him that could start right away ... but his idea is to start with the next WHQL GeForce drivers. He benches a dozen games now.

Thinking
(05-04-2018, 04:59 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 04:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So when is he going to start? Does he have benchmarks of the current drivers?

We are still discussing.  It may not work out.  Or it may.  

I have some good ideas for him that could start right away ... but his idea is to start with the next WHQL GeForce drivers.  He benches a dozen games now.

Thinking
If he has done all that testing historically why not chart the data over the past year? That would make an amazing article. Then he can just do the articles monthly and update the big historical article.
Next time I am not going to say anything and just surprise you.
:doh:

However, I did want to give you a little look at some of the challenges a small tech site faces and some strategy for growth.

We are probably going to start small. He is not a full time writer ... and we still don't even have everything ironed out yet. And if nothing happens we are still going with Plan A ...
Thinking
I'm sure the two of you will work something out. It sounds very positive for BTR and for everyone involved.