• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *14*
Good luck! Like I said before I might be able to review some games over the summer.
(05-03-2018, 09:16 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Good luck! Like I said before I might be able to review some games over the summer.

This particular guy I have in mind is a self-motivated reviewer who posts benching results on a tech forum just for the love of sharing it. He is very consistent and he analyses every single GeForce driver update with a good amount of games. His PC is upper midrange (6700K/1070) which is perfect for this. If he wants, I can teach him to write and review formally and introduce him to hardware companies who would probably eventually send him review samples.

I have to see what he says. I am very surprised that no one has tried to recruit him before.
Cool. Please keep us updated. That sounds very interesting.
(05-03-2018, 09:27 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Cool. Please keep us updated. That sounds very interesting.

I have always offered a service to train potential tech writers and reviewers to write and post formally.

Remember Karan Singh at ABT? He was an engineering student from India that could not write very well in English - at first. After a couple of years with me as his writing teacher, he put out some excellent reviews - and right now he is moving up the ranks at Intel where no doubt being able to communicate very well formally in writing is somewhat rare in engineering.

I taught Leon (from Jamaica) to write and review pretty well at ABT, and I even taught Mario to be a better writer here.

It's what editors do. However, it is rare to do what I do because it is so time-consuming and it is much easier to find (and pay) established writers. But I'd rather work with 'raw' talent and help shape it.
Thinking
Even if he just lets you use his driver analysis benchmarks that would be great and it would save you a lot of work and it would give the site some decent useful content.
We shall see. I am copying Jensen by giving him an intelligence test:

Choice A

(1) Money somewhere else - maybe

- or -

Choice B

(1) opportunities to become a real reviewer, (2) a decent editor/teacher to show him how, and (3) industry connections

We shall see if or how he responds
:wait:

It would be an advantage to BTR . . . and to him. It is just a lot of work for both of us
Thinking
Sounds good. I hope it works out.
(05-04-2018, 12:02 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Sounds good.  I hope it works out.

That you - that's the good luck wish I was hoping for

Angel

I hope he doesn't answer too quickly either. If I were in his position, I would be taking a very hard look at BTR to see if we are worth associating with or not.
Thinking
What forum did you find him on? Reddit?
(05-04-2018, 12:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote: What forum did you find him on?  Reddit?

You don't expect me to give away all of my secrets here do you?

I visit many forums and I am always looking for talent.

Angel