• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *14*
(05-03-2018, 12:07 AM)gstanford Wrote: You should have emails now with the links for 6 files.

Even that was way more painful than it should be.  You have to right click the file to get the menu to share it and of course the bloody browser context menu comes up in front of the website menu!

Who designs these pages?!  Insane chimps?!

Thanks Greg I just got everything.

I have a question though. The meshes you sent me are all in a bunch of folders. In my data directory those folders do not exist currently. All I have is a file called "Skyrim - meshes.bsa". I don't think I have the special edition of the game. I'm not sure if that's why.
Just copy my meshes folder into your data folder, including all its contents (don't put the contents elsewhere).

Same with the textures folder

I've attached a quick visual explainer on extracting the multi-part archive just in case

[Image: partA.jpg]

permanently delete yelp account

[Image: partB.jpg]
Ok I did it, thanks again Greg! I'm trying it now. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Just by the way the game runs with 2x DSR for me with 80% GPU utilisation on a single card. However the GPU was throttled down to only 1200mhz or so. I could probably try for more. But there are absolutely no jaggies the way I'm running it now. I'm running 8x MSAA on top of the DSR. It looks nice.

Ok I got it up and running but a lot of my textures are purple. I haven't installed any mods yet so that's probably why. I will get to that and then try again.
Your folder structure should look roughly like this:

[Image: 01.jpg]

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 03.jpg]
I've uploaded some optional character textures that should stop skyrim's oldies from giving you fits when you see them.

The face sculptor in riften has been working overtime lately :D

How to use:
Extract my meshes and textures archive to the correct spots, then extract this archive and let it overwrite files.

https://nofile.io/f/Gs28TKvtq1O/textures.7z

The big texture file in 6 parts should have 178 folders and 4261 files taking 11,421,693,046 bytes. See image below. If that isn't the case for you, you probably didn't extract it correctly. Use 7-zip, not anything else and ensure it is the current version.

[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]
I just purchased Far Cry 5 from Green Man Gaming for $50.39. I tried to get it on a flash sale from Ubi for $49, but I couldn't complete the purchase. It will replace FC Primal as a benchmark and I guess I have to play some of it. As usual, the introduction will be the best part, so I won't have to go much past it to know what the rest of the game will be like.

I am getting good D/L speeds for the middle of the day (20Mbps), so I should have the 25.6 GB D/L before dinner and can break from VR benching for awhile.

Thinking

I'm surprised that UBI had a sale so quickly - it must not be doing that incredibly well in sales. Maybe they will come out with something other than another clone of FC 2 next time ... but big publishers will drop a series rather than rewrite it.

FFVX is 27% off at GMG. I wonder how their PC sales are doing.
I'm not buying far cry 5 until it is way cheaper. I still have far cry 4 to play through and I never bought primal. The games just aren't that fun imo.
(05-03-2018, 08:08 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm not buying far cry 5 until it is way cheaper. I still have far cry 4 to play through and I never bought primal. The games just aren't that fun imo.
I liked the original Far Cry - a lot. 2 was by Ubi and it was just fair but the malaria crap made it a chore. Since then, Ubi has the idea to make it bigger and they spend a fortune on the introduction - then the rest is a C&P of the game before it

I got it because I have to have it for benching ... and no doubt, I will like the intro
Thinking

If you haven't played 4 and want to see the alternate ending right after the intro, stop playing the game when you are left at the dinner table by your host - you will hear the Clash play "Shall I Stay or Shall I Go". Just wait and do something else until your host returns - it may take a few minutes. I discovered it quite by accident ... and I got to see one of the endings
Cool
That's funny. I found far cry 4 too difficult and not much fun to play.
(05-03-2018, 09:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That's funny. I found far cry 4 too difficult and not much fun to play.

I found that Easter Egg quite by accident. The phone rang when I got to that point in the game where the host leaves, and I left the game running .. 1/2 hour later I returned to find a new ending.

I didn't play very much of the game .... hated it .. I actually liked Primal a little better because of the setting change ... but it's still a C&P of the FC series.
:doh:

I am working on getting BTR a new writer right now ... wish me luck! GOOD LUCK!
(it's kinda hard to get someone to contribute to your site when you can only offer perks)
Thinking