• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
(02-10-2018, 08:41 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Here in Canada the tax code is the most complex legislation ever created. It's good to hear that you got it done. The SSD article is going to be great. You have been creating outstanding articles lately. I notice that the traffic is way up also.

The Canadian tax code is more complex than the US tax code?
Huh

It took me a full week to do it. A review tech site has its own sets of tax complexities that I didn't have before ... but I think I have set everything up correctly. I doubt that BTR will make much income in 2018 as there are going to be a lot of offsetting deductions (Vive Pro/Rift 2 probably/AMD video card and maybe CPU). This is the year to build traffic I hope. Especially if Mario reviews games regularly.

LMK if there is anything you want me to highlight especially with my SSD review? I am going to do the basic tests and also game loading time. No reason to test FPS.
No I'm not comparing versus the USA. Just here. Mind you the same thing probably applies down there also.
(02-11-2018, 02:35 PM)SickBeast Wrote: No I'm not comparing versus the USA. Just here. Mind you the same thing probably applies down there also.
Tax codes are incredibly complex. I didn't have to do anything special, however; nothing requiring a CPA (yet)
Angel

My Tax returns are printed out and I'm benching the SSD now. LMK if there is anything extra you want explored. Then it's on to Skylake.

Your PM visited LA yesterday went for a hike with the mayor. And I thought this was funny
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html
Quote:"Mr. Prime Minister, it's such an honor to receive you here in Los Angeles," Garcetti said, amid overcast skies and cool temperatures. "We brought a little Canadian weather to make you feel right at home."

"This isn't Canadian weather," Trudeau said with a laugh, not bothering to mention that the overnight low back in Ottawa was 16 degrees.

Yesterday was kinda cool. Today is warm .. then we get rain for the next 3 days ... but try wearing shorts and t-shirts in Canada outside now; and Garcetti is wearing a light jacket

[Image: Canadian_Prime_Minister_California_26207...jJbesYzKGQ]
Wow, shorts and a t-shirt, that looks really nice. You should see things here. It's a winter wonderland but the roads are an absolute mess.

For the SSD review, a PCmark hard drive score would be nice but if you haven't already bought that benchmark I wouldn't worry about it.

The main thing is you are comparing game load times which is the focus of the article. I think it's going to be great.
(02-11-2018, 05:50 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow, shorts and a t-shirt, that looks really nice.  You should see things here.  It's a winter wonderland but the roads are an absolute mess.

For the SSD review, a PCmark hard drive score would be nice but if you haven't already bought that benchmark I wouldn't worry about it.

The main thing is you are comparing game load times which is the focus of the article.  I think it's going to be great.

I can head to the mountains if I want Winter - I have walked up to 7,000 foot elevation where there was some snow from my backyard - years ago in the Spring. It's cold enough now so they make snow for skiing at the local resorts, and they will be getting snow there later on this week. Here it almost got too hot - it was low 80s F for a few days, and it's much too early for me.

What is unique about this review is that we are comparing drives that have been in service for months. Not brand new which tends to make SSDs look incredible. And I want to just look at the SATA drives which are becoming cheap enough to temp enthusiasts - $99 for 480 GB is a decent amount of drive capacity and it's large enough for a C drive.

I'll try to do some calculations on how much time is saved loading games on a SSD over the course of a day/week/month/year. The hard drive holdouts may not like the results.

Angel
I'm looking forward to a 2tb SSD before the end of the year. Angel

In fact I might buy one sooner than that. We'll see.
(02-11-2018, 08:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm looking forward to a 2tb SSD before the end of the year.  Angel

In fact I might buy one sooner than that.  We'll see.

I need a 4 TB SSD

Cry
(02-11-2018, 08:15 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 08:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm looking forward to a 2tb SSD before the end of the year.  Angel

In fact I might buy one sooner than that.  We'll see.

I need a 4 TB SSD

Cry

We might see that also by the end of 2018. In fact I would say it's likely.
Well, for that to happen for me, we need to see 1 TB drives regularly drop into the $99 range. M2s can always be priced higher, but I don't need blazing fast.
(02-11-2018, 08:23 PM)apoppin Wrote: Well, for that to happen for me, we need to see 1 TB drives regularly drop into the $99 range.  M2s can always be priced higher, but I don't need blazing fast.

Yeah you could be waiting for awhile for that, unless you're comfortable messing around with RAID, which apparently you are not. We'll see. If the 4tb drives drop that cheap I might buy one also actually. I have a laptop that could use one of my current smaller SSDs, so I'm kind of itching to upgrade. It would be a double upgrade for me.