• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
Are there a lot of vr games that you can play seated?
(02-08-2018, 10:32 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Are there a lot of vr games that you can play seated?

MOST of them
Good to know, thanks. I fear for my poor television. Any word on the rift 2?
(02-08-2018, 10:37 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Good to know, thanks. I fear for my poor television. Any word on the rift 2?

If my (expensive) TV were close to my VR play zone, I would put up a physical barrier. As it is, I move my desktop display to the back edge of my desk so if the Guardian System fails, I run into my desk, not my monitor. And some VR players mention that they cover their TV with a light but thick quilt when they play.

Nothing I am aware of.
First of all, I am going to delay my Nucleum review a few days. I may post the Team Group 480 GB review first.

And I missed Nvidia's financial report yesterday. Another good one!
Blush

I am guessing that mining falls under OEM and Gaming. Here's a great summary:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...al_result/

Summary
Total Revenue is $2.911 billions up 34% YoY and up 10% QoQ

Gross Margin is at 61.9% (up 190bps YoY and up 240bps QoQ)

GAAP EPS $1.78 (up 80% YoY and up 34% QoQ) -- Analyst projection $1.16

As of 5:15pm Eastern, stock price is at $245.83 which is up 13% from closing price of $217.52

[Image: nv_revenue.jpg]

Gaming segment accounts for approx 60% of total revenue and it is growing 29% YoY. Fueled by strong growth across our Pascal-based GeForce gaming GPUs was driven by new games, holiday-season demand, iCafe upgrades, eSports and cryptocurrency mining.

Datacenter segment is up 105% YoY. Fueled by strong sales of our Volta architecture, including V100 GPU accelerators, new DGX systems, and design wins in high performance computing

GPU business revenue is $2.46 billion up 33% YoY and up 11% sequentially.

For fiscal 2019, NVIDIA intends to return $1.25 billion to shareholders through ongoing quarterly cash dividends and share repurchases.

NVIDIA will pay its next quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share on March 16, 2018, to all shareholders of record on February 23, 2018.
NVidia's stock is definitely interesting but the market is very volatile right now and an analyst said recently that their stock is overvalued right now and it should be worth around $200. Also a 15 cent per share dividend is nothing compared to the bank stocks which are pretty much a guaranteed investment as they are too big to fail.

Have fun with the SSDs. I'm quite interested in your findings.
(02-09-2018, 11:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: NVidia's stock is definitely interesting but the market is very volatile right now and an analyst said recently that their stock is overvalued right now and it should be worth around $200. Also a 15 cent per share dividend is nothing compared to the bank stocks which are pretty much a guaranteed investment as they are too big to fail.

Have fun with the SSDs. I'm quite interested in your findings.

It was down to about $215 earlier. I just wish I bought their stock a year ago.

I'll have a review up on Monday. I want to compare my $99 480 GB SSDs with the last generation HyperX 240 GB SSD, and with my Micron 1.92 enterprise solid state drive - and of course, against the poor hard disk drive.

I got the tax advice I needed and I was right and I don't need any assistance beyond what TurboTax Home and Business can provide - plus you can ask them for advice on line. It looks good for 2017 and 2018 ... so far, so good
Angel
Wow you really don't waste any time with without your benchmarking. That's good news about your taxes. I have to do mine soon also.
(02-10-2018, 12:57 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow you really don't waste any time with without your benchmarking. That's good news about your taxes. I have to do mine soon also.

It's very good news. I was able to count an ad campaign as income earned but not yet received on my 2017 taxes. Of course, it meant following Trump's advice to take depreciation into account. :P
. . . And a home office which I never claimed before still allowed me to show a very slight profit for 2017 which means that BTR is no longer considered a hobby by the IRS

Angel

I still have to look everything over and I will take full advantage of TurboTax 'ask a question' because I still have some issues understanding calculating 'carryforward' from NOLs (Net Operating Loss from 2016). The good thing is that I don't need it .. and it's good for 20 years.

What an education! ... I don't think programming some simple deep learning program will be as complex as understanding these freaking US tax laws. I thought they were supposed to be less complex ... but in a way, it's good. A savvy business man can take advantage of the tax loo ... complexities to legally keep as much money earned as possible.

After lunch, I'll work on the Team Group 480 GB SSD evaluation. I think it will take a full day (plus) of benching since I am comparing with 2 other SSDs and a HDD. So probably expect a review on Tuesday.
Here in Canada the tax code is the most complex legislation ever created. It's good to hear that you got it done. The SSD article is going to be great. You have been creating outstanding articles lately. I notice that the traffic is way up also.