• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
(02-08-2018, 05:59 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 05:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: We'll see what happens.  BTR is a small site and there is only so much content (and therefore interest) that you can generate as one or two people.  I think things are great just the way they are right now.  If BTR grows, great, but if not this is a really fun hobby site to be a part of.

I honestly don't know or understand how or why some people can have a problem with you.  You are one of the nicest people I have come across.  I honestly think that some people are just negative and full of hate inside and they like to take that out on other people, often the nicest and kindest ones they can find.

I speak my mind at this forum. That's what a forum is for.  I don't post my political views and opinions on the main site, nor rumors.  Everyone is biased but that does not mean they are not also fair.  

As to some people having a problem with me .. well, I am a social media target just like anyone else who has a site or a channel.  Some are disappointed, many disagree, and others just hate.  IMO, you just gotta be yourself.  Some people will like you - great!  Others could care less and others will hate.  It's life.  And it's a game and it is also metaphysical.

My idea with ABT that continues here is for it to be a platform to launch other tech writer's careers.  I believe in homegrown talent, and Mario always wanted to be a reviewer from the first day I met him years ago.  And I promised to teach him what I know about writing in exchange for supporting the site as webmaster, so he developed his own skills here and is a very good reviewer.

We can do this over and over again.  BTR can grow and develop writers who each bring their own unique skills set.  It's slow ... but who is in a hurry.  Part of "getting there" is the adventure

:yes:

Well it would be super cool if it turns out like that. If I were not so busy with my own life and my own career I would want to be a part of it. :yes:
As I said before .. who is in a hurry? Enjoy the time you have with your children ... they grow up too fast! Secure your career and finances, and also enjoy your life. Perhaps in 10-20 years you may want to be a reviewer and BTR may be successful.

Quote:If I were not so busy with my own life and my own career I would want to be a part of it

And never forget this ... you are a part of BTR.

:yes:
Thanks. And yes, when I retire I can see myself doing exactly what you're doing, when I'm not soaking up the California or Arizona sun in the winter. :D

Let's see how long we can keep BTR going. :yes:
(02-08-2018, 06:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks.  And yes, when I retire I can see myself doing exactly what you're doing, when I'm not soaking up the California or Arizona sun in the winter. :D

Let's see how long we can keep BTR going.  :yes:

I am planning to pass it on. I'm hoping that Mario would continue it after I have to eventually retire.

And thanks for reminding me ... I have to go outside and soak up some sun. Another warm day in SoCal . . .
:tumbleweed:
It's great to hear that there are plans to keep BTR running long term. :yes:
(02-08-2018, 07:15 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's great to hear that there are plans to keep BTR running long term.  :yes:

BTR is a unique library of sorts. It can keep going long after I have to retire. Mario is a good writer and I am teaching him the business of running a tech site. A few more writers, and BTR could become a major site. It just takes time. And if it doesn't happen, it will still be a great experience for all involved.

Angel
Hey so I tried gaming from 3' away from my 75" 4k TV and I thought I would report back. It felt too close to me. I played some Forza. I actually got a bit of motion sickness from it. The TV pretty much filled my entire field of view. And actually sitting that close I can see the potential benefit of 8k, even with 200% DSR running to simulate 8k resolution. So there you have it. IMO the 7-8' viewing distance that I sit from is ideal. Perhaps a bit closer like 5-6' would be nice also.

I'm going to guess that a 4' viewing distance from a 65" BFGD would be good for you.
(02-08-2018, 09:32 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Hey so I tried gaming from 3' away from my 75" 4k TV and I thought I would report back.  It felt too close to me.  I played some Forza.  I actually got a bit of motion sickness from it.  The TV pretty much filled my entire field of view.  And actually sitting that close I can see the potential benefit of 8k, even with 200% DSR running to simulate 8k resolution.  So there you have it.  IMO the 7-8' viewing distance that I sit from is ideal.  Perhaps a bit closer like 5-6' would be nice also.

I'm going to guess that a 4' viewing distance from a 65" BFGD would be good for you.

Thank-you. A 65" display is probably as big of a "desktop" as most users can handle.

There are KB+Mouse Boards available for fps couch players.
Maybe they will make a SFGD or a MFGD that would be a better size for you. :D

Angel

And yes, all you need is a hard mouse pad to game from the couch.
Improved VR would suit me best.

I am not sure sure I will ever game from the couch. Unless it exists in VR
Angel