• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
I guess after that it will be the RBFR. And nVidia will release the RBFGD. Angel
(02-08-2018, 04:15 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I guess after that it will be the RBFR.  And nVidia will release the RBFGD.  Angel
But if Nvidia releases a RBFGD, I will need a RBFSD (StandingDesk) if I get to review it
:D

In other news, my 2 cards were received by the buyers in good condition . . . .
Cool
That's good.

And you will actually need a RBFTS (television stand). Angel
(02-08-2018, 04:26 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That's good.

And you will actually need a RBFTS (television stand).  Angel

How close *could* I sit to a 75"-80" screen and still use it as a "desktop" display?

About 6'-7'?

I know I could use the 65" BFGD from about 4.5' because I already checked it out. And I would use it as a desktop display, not from a couch. I have no issues with a 43" display on my desktop now.
I sit about 7' away from mine and I think it's perfect at this distance. I'm not sure how you could use a 65" display on a desk. You would have to be creative about it. And I think it would actually be too big depending on how close you sit, plus it could strain your neck if you have to look up at it.

With my living room arrangement it's hard for me to sit closer to my TV. I will try it later and report back. There is a way for me to sit around 3-4' from it.
(02-08-2018, 04:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I sit about 7' away from mine and I think it's perfect at this distance.  I'm not sure how you could use a 65" display on a desk.  You would have to be creative about it.  And I think it would actually be too big depending on how close you sit, plus it could strain your neck if you have to look up at it.

With my living room arrangement it's hard for me to sit closer to my TV.  I will try it later and report back.  There is a way for me to sit around 3-4' from it.

I already know that a 65" display would fit on a desktop - for me, it would work. It isn't *that* big. Once I got used to an ultrawide 34" display, I found that 43" wasn't much bigger. No issues looking up. And I sit close to my 43" display - 3'
:doh:
Well I really hope nVidia sends you a BFGD then. You would really enjoy it.
(02-08-2018, 05:20 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I really hope nVidia sends you a BFGD then.  You would really enjoy it.

I am going to seriously say that I doubt it. There would not be a sufficient RoI for them to send such an expensive display to BTR. The only thing we can do is to get more popular. Adding Mario's regular gaming reviews could certainly help.
We'll see what happens. BTR is a small site and there is only so much content (and therefore interest) that you can generate as one or two people. I think things are great just the way they are right now. If BTR grows, great, but if not this is a really fun hobby site to be a part of.

I honestly don't know or understand how or why some people can have a problem with you. You are one of the nicest people I have come across. I honestly think that some people are just negative and full of hate inside and they like to take that out on other people, often the nicest and kindest ones they can find.
(02-08-2018, 05:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: We'll see what happens.  BTR is a small site and there is only so much content (and therefore interest) that you can generate as one or two people.  I think things are great just the way they are right now.  If BTR grows, great, but if not this is a really fun hobby site to be a part of.

I honestly don't know or understand how or why some people can have a problem with you.  You are one of the nicest people I have come across.  I honestly think that some people are just negative and full of hate inside and they like to take that out on other people, often the nicest and kindest ones they can find.

I speak my mind at this forum. That's what a forum is for. I don't post my political views and opinions on the main site, nor rumors. Everyone is biased but that does not mean they are not also fair.

As to some people having a problem with me .. well, I am a social media target just like anyone else who has a site or a channel. Some are disappointed, many disagree, and others just hate. IMO, you just gotta be yourself. Some people will like you - great! Others could care less and others will hate. It's life. And it's a game and it is also metaphysical.

My idea with ABT that continues here is for it to be a platform to launch other tech writer's careers. I believe in homegrown talent, and Mario always wanted to be a reviewer from the first day I met him years ago. And I promised to teach him what I know about writing in exchange for supporting the site as webmaster, so he developed his own skills here and is a very good reviewer.

We can do this over and over again. BTR can grow and develop writers who each bring their own unique skills set. It's slow ... but who is in a hurry. Part of "getting there" is the adventure

:yes: