• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
(02-06-2018, 11:55 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I think you need to contact them. And once they are aware of BTR, I believe they will add future articles automatically. I think that's how it works anyhow.

I'll check. That would be ideal if we can submit our own reviews to them. It's something that is mostly forbidden on Reddit.

I'll send out some PR to some news and tech sites tonight that may link to us. The game launched just over a week ago.
(02-07-2018, 03:02 AM)gstanford Wrote: Not a game I'd buy or play myself but Mario did a good review of it.

Would have gotten to this earlier, but I've been a bit distracted by the Falcon Heavy test flight!  :D

That was an impressive launch and retrieval of two of the boosters! I can imagine a sci-fi survival story set in the future where Musk's Tesla plays a part in a space rescue
(but then I have a writer's imagination)
Blush

Mario has a good knack for reviewing games. MetaCritic says they review game sites in December, so we need to build up a library of game reviews . . . in other words, expect a lot more game reviews to be published at BTR over the next ten months or so. We will also work on some unique features that are not found on any other game review site.
:clapping:
(02-07-2018, 03:24 AM)gstanford Wrote: Yes, a shame the centre core didn't make it back as well, but it was a test flight intended to expose things like this that might go wrong.

Musk only gave the entire launch a 50-50 chance of being successful before it happened. I think they did great!
I would have loved to have seen that launch today in Florida - but it's 3,000 miles from where I live in California. Impressive!!

Yes, Space X has accomplished what the US government under NASA could simply not solve.

Something about free enterprise and monetary incentive, I guess ... although NASA and other space agencies paved the way.

Angel
Actually, Eisenhower put NASA in place in 1958. And it served its purpose, launching a very risky series of flights to the moon for political purposes before we were really ready to do so. But we got lucky.

The US government is a disaster and I am surprised any branch of it functions well as there is so much waste and bureaucracy ...
Cry
Kingston's Type-C USB 7-in-1 hub is amazing. Just what I needed even though I couldn't get Windows to detect a HDMI display over USB (it just isn't set up for it; a Type-C notebook or tablet/phone would).

I got 2 USB 3.0 sensors hooked up to it plus a SD and a micro-SD card - all simultaneously accessible - plus it provides power for charging devices at the same time AND it will output to another USB Type-C device !!!

A little pricey at $80 ... but it would be incredible for traveling. I might buy a new smaller and lighter notebook.

(preliminary conclusion)
:wait:
It's great that you got it working. Kingston makes nice stuff. I'm glad you like it.
(02-08-2018, 02:26 AM)SickBeast Wrote: It's great that you got it working. Kingston makes nice stuff. I'm glad you like it.
The real test for me is to set it up with the Rift tonight. Basically I have 2 USB 3.0 ports now open from one formerly unused Type-C connection.

What blows my mind is the incredible bandwidth and speed of USB Type C.

I'll try to have the review posted by Friday. Then I'll start on the 480 GB Team Group SSD. I want to see what a budget SATA SSD can do. I like it so far, but I haven't tested it.

Mario is going to be doing more reviews - PC games and accessories. BTR is expanding
Cool
(02-08-2018, 02:52 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 02:26 AM)SickBeast Wrote: It's great that you got it working. Kingston makes nice stuff. I'm glad you like it.
The real test for me is to set it up with the Rift tonight.  Basically I have 2 USB 3.0 ports now open from one formerly unused Type-C connection.

I'll try to have the review posted by Friday.  Then I'll start on the 480 GB Team Group SSD.  I want to see what a budget SATA SSD can do.  I like it so far, but I haven't tested it.

Mario is going to be doing more reviews - PC games and accessories.  BTR is expanding
Cool
Wow that's great. :)

You and Mario make a good team.

And yes, USB-C is fantastic. What I like most about it is that it's reversible; it is impossible to plug it in "backwards". Kids can destroy micro USB ports pretty easily because they try to force in the cable the wrong way.

By the way, about the Falcon Heavy rocket launch, did you guys see that their next rocket will be bigger, called the "BFR". The "F" stands for "Falcon". It reminds me of the BFG though. :D
(02-08-2018, 01:38 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 02:52 AM)apoppin Wrote:
The real test for me is to set it up with the Rift tonight.  Basically I have 2 USB 3.0 ports now open from one formerly unused Type-C connection.

I'll try to have the review posted by Friday.  Then I'll start on the 480 GB Team Group SSD.  I want to see what a budget SATA SSD can do.  I like it so far, but I haven't tested it.

Mario is going to be doing more reviews - PC games and accessories.  BTR is expanding
Cool
Wow that's great. :)

You and Mario make a good team.

And yes, USB-C is fantastic.  What I like most about it is that it's reversible; it is impossible to plug it in "backwards".  Kids can destroy micro USB ports pretty easily because they try to force in the cable the wrong way.

By the way, about the Falcon Heavy rocket launch, did you guys see that their next rocket will be bigger, called the "BFR".  The "F" stands for "Falcon".  It reminds me of the BFG though. :D
I'll use your observation about USB-C. Thanks!

Musk and Jensen appear to have a similar sense of humor and their views often align. They are undoubtedly both gamers and I am sure they know Carmack and his BFG in DOOM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...paceX.html
Quote:Falcon Heavy's successor -- and the SpaceX rocket that could make an unmanned mission to Mars -- would be the irreverently-named rocket currently known as BFR, or 'Big F***ing Rocket.' BFR would eventually replace SpaceX's Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets and the Dragon capsule. An artist's impression of the BFR is pictured
[Image: BFR.jpg]