• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *12*
This is the new "catch-all" thread that describes "what happening" in your world and at BTR. It will contain opinion as well as news and even cute posts ... and perhaps it will veer off into politics. And as tradition has it, these threads get closed after about a month, and the discussion carried over to the new thread (which really helps with search).

If you want to report "issues with BTR" - there is a new thread just for that.

https://www.babeltechreviews.com/communi...p?tid=1284
So what are you working on now? Taxes still? As I said how well was the sli article received? Was the traffic decent?
(02-04-2018, 07:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So what are you working on now? Taxes still? As I said how well was the sli article received? Was the traffic decent?

Yes, in the homestretch. I have determined that BTR (and I) owe no taxes for 2017 as the expenses alone far outweigh the ad income (using the most common cash method of accounting). However, if I use the accrual method, I may have to look a little harder at depreciation and amortization to get to the same goal with a little more income for 2018 than using the cash method of accounting. So I really need to see an expert .. next week. Of course, I have until April 17 to file, but I hate surprises.

I asked Mario to send me stats for the SLI review. I think the visitor count and views were quite high.

I'll start working on the Nucleum review on Monday afternoon. I may have also sold my MB on HardForum.
That's great news all around. I would have bought that motherboard off you if the shipping weren't so expensive. It sounds like you're going to have lots of time to play Final Fantasy XV this week. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
(02-04-2018, 07:22 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That's great news all around.  I would have bought that motherboard off you if the shipping weren't so expensive.  It sounds like you're going to have lots of time to play Final Fantasy XV this week.  I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

I'd like to take a little break and get back to actually playing PC games. FFXV interests me. A console game brought to Windows "from the ground up" and packed with every GameWorks feature looks very interesting to explore - and the story looks fun - I like the real time combat as described in the previews rather than turn-based.

I still haven't sold the board. He made me an offer and I made a counter-offer.
I'm super tempted by FFXV, I've been on the fence about pre-ordering it all weekend. We'll see, I might still buy it. It does look cool. It's just a bit out of my budget, I try to spend $40CAD or less on games that I buy. My concern is that it's going to take a *long* time to drop in price this low again. Also games like this are worth hours and hours of entertainment so they're generally worth it in the long run. It would probably be a real showcase for my GTX 1080 Ti SLI setup, graphically.

*edit* Actually the game might *not* support SLI. Too bad.

With SteelCrysis announcing that he is leaving the BTR forum, can we have the issues thread merged with this one again? I liked how it was before. It seems silly to have two threads.
(02-04-2018, 07:58 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm super tempted by FFXV, I've been on the fence about pre-ordering it all weekend.  We'll see, I might still buy it.  It does look cool.  It's just a bit out of my budget, I try to spend $40CAD or less on games that I buy.  My concern is that it's going to take a *long* time to drop in price this low again.  Also games like this are worth hours and hours of entertainment so they're generally worth it in the long run.  It would probably be a real showcase for my GTX 1080 Ti SLI setup, graphically.

*edit* Actually the game might *not* support SLI.  Too bad.

With SteelCrysis announcing that he is leaving the BTR forum, can we have the issues thread merged with this one again?  I liked how it was before.  It seems silly to have two threads.

He didn't say it was permanent. He doesn't like the current state of affairs which to him wasn't quite the same at ABT (He forgets Bush discussions). And if it changes to where he likes it, he may want to participate again. Everything is in a state of flux. Who knows, Trump may do some good things for a change besides an temporary tax cut for many of us and I may start to speak better of him.

Angel

Actually, we have SO FEW issues, I think a separate thread is a good idea - especially for Mario. He won't have to wade through OT posts here to find issues. In that way, I think a separate issues thread is an improvement. We have a very casual catch-all OT thread related to BTR here, and a very specific "issues" thread that will get much quicker attention there than here.

Thinking
Good SuperBowl.

Go Eagles! ... It was good to see Philadelphia win over New England in a very exciting game.

And I got my taxes done during the game. Time to consult with an expert. I don't owe anything .. but maybe I can do better for 2018.
Yes it was a very entertaining game. That's good news about your taxes. Have fun gaming this week! Hopefully final fantasy is a good game. It got very good reviews on the consoles.
(02-05-2018, 01:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Yes it was a very entertaining game. That's good news about your taxes. Have fun gaming this week! Hopefully final fantasy is a good game. It got very good reviews on the consoles.

I got the date wrong.
Blush

FF XV releases next month - March 6 - not Feb 6. The benchmark has big issues with HairWorks and object culling and is unrepresentative of the game (evidently).

Angel

I meet with a tax expert this week ... and I'll start working on the Nucleum review today as I set up the Rift (and 3 sensors on the USB 3.0 device)
- then it's the 480 GB Team Group SSD review followed by Skylake vs Coffee Lake.

My (tax) headache that lasted for nearly a week is gone .. and now it's time to visit the dentist .... but it doesn't mean't that I won't be gaming.
:doh: