• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report Issues Here
(08-01-2018, 02:19 AM)gstanford Wrote: The issue still persists for me.  Can only read posts and threads if I am not logged in.  I can post in a thread, obviously, but can't see anything other than the quick reply box i'm typing into.

Can you try using a different browser? Or try clearing your browser cache?
(08-01-2018, 03:26 AM)gstanford Wrote: My browser is set not keep a cache or history or most cookies.

I don't want spyware (chrome and IE) on my machine.

Besides, Firefox works OK, it is the forum that is screwed up.  I can see posts and threads properly when logged out, the issues occur when logged in which tells me the upgrade somehow screwed with user account settings.

It's strange, because I am also on Firefox and I'm not having any problems. I would still try clearing the cache to see if that helps.
(08-01-2018, 03:26 AM)gstanford Wrote: My browser is set not keep a cache or history or most cookies.

I don't want spyware (chrome and IE) on my machine.

Besides, Firefox works OK, it is the forum that is screwed up.  I can see posts and threads properly when logged out, the issues occur when logged in which tells me the upgrade somehow screwed with user account settings.

I think you need to clear your cache. Try CC cleaner. Firefox doesn't always clear its cache. We have no problems - and I have to clear my cache using FF occasionally.

FF probably has spyware also.
Black_eye
(08-01-2018, 03:39 AM)gstanford Wrote: like I said in the previous post, there is no cache to clear.

[Image: YAeYhP9.jpg]

see the line "Your stored cookies, site data and cache are currently using 0 bytes of disk space."

Are you running a nightly build of Firefox? Isn't that some kind of alpha or a beta? That could be the reason. I'm on the full official release.
(08-01-2018, 03:41 AM)SickBeast Wrote: [quote='gstanford' pid='29069' dateline='1533094769']
like I said in the previous post, there is no cache to clear.

Nonsense. Try CC Cleaner and your issues will probably go away.

Firefox is not as clean as you imagine it to be
http://fortune.com/2017/12/17/firefox-mr...ing-glass/

Take a look at the new versions settings and "Firefox Data Collection and Use". Maybe ask a lawyer to review it for you.
(08-01-2018, 03:53 AM)gstanford Wrote: I tried ccleaner and it made no difference.

There is no tracking in firefox (unless you allow telemetry to the devs) and definitely none with the addons I run in firefox (ublock origin, adblock plus, adguard, disconnect, yesscript2).  Yes, I have disabled the addons while diagnosing the BTR problems (restart firefox in safe mode).

OK you win. I give up. Let's let Mario troubleshoot your issues (I emailed him also).
Wizard

I hope it can be fixed for you quickly. What you describe is annoying to say the least.

Did you uninstall Firefox delete its folder and reinstall it? I have run out of further suggestions.

... Mario ..
Help
I am done giving suggestions. My apologies for even trying.

Let Mario deal with it.

I am sorry you are having issues.
(08-01-2018, 04:36 AM)apoppin Wrote: I am done giving suggestions.  My apologies for even trying.

Let Mario deal with it.

I am sorry you are having issues.

I honestly have no idea. I think you should install the most widely used browser...to test the site. I cannot recreate your settings. I tried on a old laptop using IE, I tried on an ipad, iphone, samsung phone, fire tablet, my pc on 4 different browsers. I used an admin login to use your user permissions and it works fine. I do not know.

The biggest problem we had we "no cache headers" being sent to browsers. the forum is the only part of the entire site no cached by cloudflare, it does not use g-zip compression, I am only minifying the style sheets for faster load times and sending the correct no-cache headers to the end user now.

Without some sort of ability to recreate your exact situation I cannot know what the deal it.

Can you pm me the page source code when you load it once you login?

Do you have opera or safari? try something else.

Try it on a smartphone and tell me what happens. Please help me with more information :)
(08-01-2018, 05:21 AM)gstanford Wrote: I have attached "thread.zip"

it is this thread saved twice, once in guest mode, once when logged in.

Oddly enough, I had to use the full reply (new reply) button to attach the file, not the quick reply box.

When using full reply, you can see the previous posts underneath as per normal, they disappear after replying.  That suggests to me the problem has something to do with the input boxes for posting.

I need the full source, such as:

[Image: source.png]
(08-01-2018, 05:28 AM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 05:21 AM)gstanford Wrote: I have attached "thread.zip"

it is this thread saved twice, once in guest mode, once when logged in.

Oddly enough, I had to use the full reply (new reply) button to attach the file, not the quick reply box.

When using full reply, you can see the previous posts underneath as per normal, they disappear after replying.  That suggests to me the problem has something to do with the input boxes for posting.

I need the full source, such as:

[Image: source.png]

you see a couple lines after center where it says "lang.unknown error has occurred." I need this code from yours, I believe this is what is killing you and it is simple file fix but id rather not touch it if I have too.