• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *11* .. & report issues here
Has BTR ever had 300,000 views in one day before? Look at it this way, a lot of those people saw BTR for the first time and I'm sure many of them will be back.
(01-03-2018, 10:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Has BTR ever had 300,000 views in one day before?  Look at it this way, a lot of those people saw BTR for the first time and I'm sure many of them will be back.

Yes. For several articles.

What I am hoping for *most* is that VR enthusiasts saw BTR for the first time with this evaluation and that they will recognize that BTR is becoming a resource for VR-related.

I want to post a VR review like this quarterly - next up, 20 VR games. Then 25 ... in-between, I'll try to review VR games. But I don't want to neglect the PC .. and I really want to use *50* games for my upcoming SLI vs. CF evaluation.

:nerd:
(01-03-2018, 08:11 PM)apoppin Wrote: I cannot believe the traffic.  It's absolutely unbelievable for a VR evaluation.  Would you believe over 300,000 views in 24 hours?

It's similar to what a Youtube tech channel gets for a popular review.  Or about the same as BTR's 'best-ever' top and semi-exclusive reviews (Titan XP, GTX 1080 Ti SLI, ,etc.)

And yes, that is the same way the Advocates work on every review - it's like a C&P from the Stealth Playbook.

However, I do have to credit AMD fans for bringing extreme attention to an otherwise obscure VR evaluation
- fair is fair .. with popularity comes abuse
:D

Don't worry about the brain dead AMD fucktards. The numbers prove your site and articles are very popular amongst the general population despite the fanatics sticking their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and chanting "naynahnay! I can't hear you!" at the top of their lungs.
I am not worried. Thank-you.

Change of plans

Elric is dropping the PowerColor Vega 64 off here tomorrow. I have a week with it. It's the card I will review next. I will bench it versus the Red Devil Vega 56 and vs. the GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti.

Now I have to hurry setting up Windows

No break
Angel
Very nice. Please say hello to Elric and wish him well for me.

Lots going on lately. Can you throw the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti into the mix and get it all done in one massive review? Or could you use the same data twice and write two reviews?
(01-03-2018, 11:47 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Very nice.  Please say hello to Elric and wish him well for me.

Lots going on lately.  Can you throw the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti into the mix and get it all done in one massive review?  Or could you use the same data twice and write two reviews?

I am going to have to reuse the Vega 64 numbers on older drivers since it is starting to have issues.

The same numbers that I will use for the PowerColor 56 in the Vega 64 evaluation will be the base clocks for the next overclocking review vs the 1070 Ti.

So a few numbers get reused. 35 games takes a ridiculous amount of time to benchmark.
Good luck. You really have your work cut out for you.

I'm playing musical SSDs here. My new SSD arrived. However I am moving them from system to system to give myself the most capacity that I can for my games. If this works out right I will have over 1tb of SSD space for games. Angel

I'm going to try out my new fans also.
(01-04-2018, 01:40 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Good luck.  You really have your work cut out for you.

I'm playing musical SSDs here.  My new SSD arrived.  However I am moving them from system to system to give myself the most capacity that I can for my games.  If this works out right I will have over 1tb of SSD space for games.  Angel

I'm going to try out my new fans also.

I never think of the mountain ahead. I just take one step at a time. I had no idea that my last review would be so long. If I realized that back then, I may not have started.

I look at it like a tech writer making a series of short stories that all inter-relate.

I'm working on my install now. I used GPT instead of MBR, but the MB bios is weird - I have to be in legacy mode to access it.

Anyway, I got the MB drivers installed and I am fully updating the Win Store now. Then I'll download Forza 7 and GoW 4 and set up Steam/Uplay/Origin/Galaxy/and the platform for Destiny 2 - then I have to associate each game with Win 10. I have 3TB of SSD capacity (minus the 25% you are supposed to leave free)

I should be able to start benching tomorrow. I can bench while games are D/L'ing.

And before you ask - my PC is at STOCK settings for the install

Angel

Please let us know how your new cooling works out.

I just realized that Steam is completely setup already fully on the 1.92 TB drive - ALL that I have to do is put a shortcut on C drive and the games are ready to launch. It's the same way with Origin/Ublsoft/Battlenet/Galaxy. This could be an easy setup (if I get lucky)

Cool
Steam is by far the best platform when it comes to dealing with different drives and partitions. It detects all the installed games automatically. On the other platforms I have had to click on the games one at a time.

I will be a while here. I don't think I will finish tonight. I'm cloning drives, it takes quite a bit of time.

My goal is to have a 256gb SSD as my main gaming OS drive, and a pair of 480gb SSDs for my games.

This is just kind of tricky business with all the cloning. I hope it works. I'm tempted to leave well enough alone.
(01-04-2018, 02:34 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Steam is by far the best platform when it comes to dealing with different drives and partitions.  It detects all the installed games automatically.  On the other platforms I have had to click on the games one at a time.

I will be a while here.  I don't think I will finish tonight.  I'm cloning drives, it takes quite a bit of time.

My goal is to have a 256gb SSD as my main gaming OS drive, and a pair of 480gb SSDs for my games.

This is just kind of tricky business with all the cloning.  I hope it works.  I'm tempted to leave well enough alone.

As soon as I have everything updated with GoW 4 and Forza 7 d/led and installed again, I will clone the master 480 GB drive which becomes the Nvidia drive. The other 480 GB clone will be the AMD drive. I used Intel drivers, so after the cloning is done, I will install Nvidia drivers and AMD drivers on their respective partitions. At the worst, I may have to D/L GoW 4 and Forza 7 for a last time on the AMD drive if Windows gets confused by the clone. The overflow of games (I am going to have 50 for SLI) will go on the SSHDs. Oculus games will be on C drive as well as on on a SSHD.

The cloning program you suggested works great. I may buy it.