• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *11* .. & report issues here
It's amazing how history repeats itself. The advocates do this every time. If they don't like the fact that the AMD cards are slower, they:

- attack the reviewer's credibility
- complain about the settings
- say that the test wasn't "fair"
- say that the reviewer is biased
- etc. etc. etc.

I'm glad they are mostly contained in their AMD troll cage. They get roasted everywhere else they go.

Congrats on the traffic, by the way. :clapping:

Party
(01-03-2018, 07:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's amazing how history repeats itself.  The advocates do this every time.  If they don't like the fact that the AMD cards are slower, they:

- attack the reviewer's credibility
- complain about the settings
- say that the test wasn't "fair"
- say that the reviewer is biased
- etc. etc. etc.

I'm glad they are mostly contained in their AMD troll cage.  They get roasted everywhere else they go.

Congrats on the traffic, by the way.  :clapping:

Party

I cannot believe the traffic. It's absolutely unbelievable for a VR evaluation. Would you believe over 300,000 views in 24 hours?

It's similar to what a Youtube tech channel gets for a popular review. Or about the same as BTR's 'best-ever' top and semi-exclusive reviews (Titan XP, GTX 1080 Ti SLI, ,etc.)

And yes, that is the same way the Advocates work on every review - it's like a C&P from the Stealth Playbook.

However, I do have to credit AMD fans for bringing extreme attention to an otherwise obscure VR evaluation
- fair is fair .. with popularity comes abuse
:D

Here is my favorite comment
Quote:I don't trust this review because they can't possibly put their hands on Vega cards, so clearly they just invented the numbers./s
:rofl:
Wow that's amazing! Congrats!

You have found your niche. Angel

I have been *so* tempted to comment in those Reddit threads but I have held back.

What are you up to now? The Gigabyte card? Maybe you should take a break. That's a major article and it will be a ton of work testing all your games in SLI.
Thank-you. I knew VR would be popular, but this was a surprise. Of course, a lot of the attention is because it is "AMD vs. Nvidia" - not all VR reviews will get this kind of attention. But the best part of this is that VR enthusiasts will know that BTR intends to fully support benchmarking VR and reviewing VR games.

I had to post in that AMD thread when I see BS posted about methodology. And next time, I'll post a screenshot of Vega 64 instead of 56 next time. Live and learn
Blush

Now, I am waiting to install Win 10 on my new SSDs which should arrive in the next 4 hours. I might also set up the Skylake PC while Windows install; it's still a long process to associate it with all the games on storage - the D/L Win Store games again.

Then the Gigabyte card. It's preparation for the overclocking showdown. Aftermarket GTX 1070 Ti vs Aftermarket RX Vega 56
- makes sense, right? It's a two reviews for 1x work basically.
Thinking

No break. I am possibly heading to CES for a single day to meet with some vendors if I don't go to Nvidia's press conference.

(01-03-2018, 08:13 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow that's amazing!  Congrats!

You have found your niche.  Angel

I have been *so* tempted to comment in those Reddit threads but I have held back.

What are you up to now?  The Gigabyte card?  Maybe you should take a break.  That's a major article and it will be a ton of work testing all your games in SLI.
Good idea for the review.

CES sounds cool. I wonder if nVidia will announce anything.

I'm pretty sure the LG G7 and maybe the Samsung Galaxy S9 will be announced at CES. I know you don't cover phones but those announcements will be a big deal.
(01-03-2018, 08:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Good idea for the review.

CES sounds cool.  I wonder if nVidia will announce anything.

I'm pretty sure the LG G7 and maybe the Samsung Galaxy S9 will be announced at CES.  I know you don't cover phones but those announcements will be a big deal.

Nvidia will probably announce more AI and emphasis on autonomous cars. That is where the big push is in now. They already own the AIB graphics market and it doesn't relate to CES like automotive does. ... I expect the successor to Pascal to be announced at a special event devoted to it - just like Pascal was .. and Maxwell .. and Kepler .. and Fermi all were ...

The SSDs just arrived. FedEx home/ground arrive more quickly than overnight.

Cool

No break. Back to work ... after I make some Carrot/beet/cucumber juice for myself.
I still don't have my SSD or my fans. I think both are out for delivery. I don't know what is going on. We'll see.

Congrats on getting your drives. :)

It sounds like you're going to be quite busy for the next week or so.
(01-03-2018, 09:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I still don't have my SSD or my fans.  I think both are out for delivery.  I don't know what is going on.  We'll see.

Congrats on getting your drives. :)

It sounds like you're going to be quite busy for the next week or so.

Thanks .. busy for the next year or so

:D
So 300,000 views in one day from one article. Is that not data that you can show to advertisers? There's got to be someone in the VR space that would love that kind of exposure.

At the very least you should be able to be sponsored for VR game contests at BTR, IMO.
(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So 300,000 views in one day from one article.  Is that not data that you can show to advertisers?  There's got to be someone in the VR space that would love that kind of exposure.

At the very least you should be able to be sponsored for VR game contests at BTR, IMO.

It's not a consistent 300K views every day for 30 days. If BTR was able to accomplish that, we would be deluged with advertising offers.
- this is pretty much a unique response to a VR evaluation ... there was no way to predict that it would become popular ..

Contests ... yes, I am working on that. Anyway. It's time for a Winter contest. I am going to try and get some sponsorship over the next month or so.