• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *11* .. & report issues here
Wow I didn't even realize you had that card. Can you re-use your recent benchmarks? You have too much hardware to keep track of. :)
(01-03-2018, 12:57 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow I didn't even realize you had that card.  Can you re-use your recent benchmarks?  You have too much hardware to keep track of.  :)

I bought it for SLI benching. I still have that 50-game evaluation to do.

I may rerun the benches. I tested the FE ... but then this card is at the same clocks

I really want to do a clean install of Windows on the new SSDs.
Thinking
A clean install will be quick and it will speed up all your testing. Just do it.
The SSDs are scheduled for delivery today. Until then, I am still enjoying my day "off"

Color me surprised. This last VR evaluation is doing incredibly well traffic-wise (for a VR evaluation). We were linked to by several tech sites. Anytime a VR evaluation get more than a couple of thousand of views the first day, it can be considered a success.

And this news is just funny from Australia ...
http://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-...0btca.html
Quote:When Matt Dooley refused to leave a Telstra store after months of battling with the telco, the last people he might have expected to fix his problem were the police called to remove him from the store.

Having spent hours on the phone to Telstra trying to get his NBN connection properly installed, he had had enough and staged an impromptu sit-in at the Marrickville Metro store.

When the store called security, and then police, to have him removed from the store, he was surprised by what happened next.

The three officers – Probationary Constable Christopher Williams, Senior Constable Scott McCarthy and Detective Cameron Thomas – started negotiating with Telstra staff on Mr Dooley's behalf.

Mr Dooley said he and his girlfriend sat by the front door as the police moved back and forth, negotiating between the two parties before eventually solving the issue.

"As a result of police coming to the store we had internet that afternoon and cable the next day."

The successful negotiating of the police ended a months-long saga for Mr Dooley, who had been trying to get internet at his new house since September.
:D
Nobody who has any brains and has a choice does business with Telstra down here unless they are forced to, especially with the advent of the NBN and the retirement of POTS (traditional landline voice calls).

They really only have the oldies who hate change and will stick with Telstra no matter what because of it and their superior mobile net left at this point.
(01-03-2018, 02:33 PM)gstanford Wrote: Nobody who has any brains and has a choice does business with Telstra down here unless they are forced to, especially with the advent of the NBN and the retirement of POTS (traditional landline voice calls).
I thought you would like this story. Dealing with Telstra reminds me of dealing with (the old) AT&T
Dodgy
(01-03-2018, 02:34 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 02:33 PM)gstanford Wrote: Nobody who has any brains and has a choice does business with Telstra down here unless they are forced to, especially with the advent of the NBN and the retirement of POTS (traditional landline voice calls).
I thought you would like this story. Dealing with Telstra reminds me of dealing with (the old) AT&T
Dodgy

Sounds a lot like modern day Verizon from what I hear on ArsTechnica.
(01-03-2018, 02:36 PM)gstanford Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 02:34 PM)apoppin Wrote:
I thought you would like this story.  Dealing with Telstra reminds me of dealing with (the old) AT&T
Dodgy

Sounds a lot like modern day Verizon from what I hear on ArsTechnica.

Yes. We just got rid of Verizon in Southern California for an equally inept Frontier. I have a landline which is safer for me than a ViaSat Internet-based connection (I once called 9-1-1 and the service was down; I had to use my cell). Since the landline is local-only, I have few issues with them.

Time Warner is another garbage ISP (depending on where you live). They were SO bad, they changed their name to Spectrum.
Sick

ISPs and TeleCos are mostly all garbage. It's in their genetics - having inherited stupidity and bad service from Ma Bell
Dodgy
We generally have Rogers and Bell here, among others such as Telus and Videotron. They tend to provide good service actually, however Rogers and Bell in particular tend to make "billing errors", but they are never in the customer's favor. They also charge an arm and a leg. Sometimes you can get good specials with them which is what I'm doing now for my gigabit internet, however it's not really "gigabit". I'm lucky if I get 200-300mbps on most days.

Once my current contract is up I might switch to Bell. They have been building a true fiber optic gigabit network. If I can get a good special I will switch.

Our big problem in Canada is the cost of cellular service. The same carriers I just mention control the entire networks here and they charge insane prices. Probably twice as much as people pay in the USA, and we don't get unlimited data.
Will the Disqus comments EVER get fixed?