• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *11* .. & report issues here
It turned out great!

I didn't see any typos.

It looks like the games are becoming more demanding. You need at least a GTX 1080 for a decent experience from what I could tell. The GTX 1080 Ti was useful in some of the games also.

What about Reddit? Has it been posted there yet?
(01-02-2018, 06:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It turned out great!

I didn't see any typos.

It looks like the games are becoming more demanding.  You need at least a GTX 1080 for a decent experience from what I could tell.  The GTX 1080 Ti was useful in some of the games also.

What about Reddit?  Has it been posted there yet?

There are a few typos. I left off Robinson in the menu. And there were a few mini-typos I corrected.

It would probably do well on the Nvidia sub-reddit. I doubt the AMD fans would give it a good welcome as Vega only wins 3 games out of 15 for the competing cards (1070 ti v 56 and 1080 v 64)
Thinking

As expected, FedEx managed to botch the delivery - my SSDs will be delivered tomorrow.

I get a BREAK today
:D
There are no comments on the Oculus sub-reddit but already the AMD fans have totally managed to ruin the post on the Nvidia sub
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...l_vs_vega/

What's new?
Dodgy

VR reviews are still pretty niche although they are bringing in some fair traffic. And I heard back from Oculus media for the first time today - no, they don't have review samples for me.
Cry

VR is still niche. Here are the Steam numbers - not including Oculus - and that it's gross dollar sales, not individual sales. Pavlov VR @ $5.99 needs to sell 10x the copies of Fallout 4 @ $59.99 to equal the gross sales of 1 copy of FO4, for example. I expect the overall gross sales for VR are fair.

https://www.roadtovr.com/valve-reveals-s...s-in-2017/

[Image: steam_vr_gross.jpg]

Here's a decent write up on Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/moorinsight...eeea9d35f4
Well at least you heard back from Oculus. What did they say? Did anything positive come out of it? Even if they could send you keys for the games that would be a big help.

Too bad about the Reddit comments. I can't say I'm too surprised.
(01-02-2018, 10:35 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well at least you heard back from Oculus.  What did they say?  Did anything positive come out of it?  Even if they could send you keys for the games that would be a big help.

Too bad about the Reddit comments.  I can't say I'm too surprised.
The only thing positive that came from Oculus was an acknowledgement - they know BTR exists but they don't want me to write back or link my reviews to them - it's a C&P stock response:
Quote: ... at this time we are not able to provide any games for review and will be in touch should anything change . . .

It means when translated, "go buy a Vive for all we give a hoot"

Maybe I will

Angel

As to the AMD fans ... I am starting to see the Red Team reorganize .. maybe AMD has some Vegas to bribe them with
Dodgy
Wow. Too bad about Oculus. It's a sign that they are not embracing the community. It's not good IMO.

As for the AMD shills...yes, I agree with you. I was enjoying the little bit of peace we have had lately. But it appears that they might be back. Angry
(01-02-2018, 10:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow.  Too bad about Oculus.  It's a sign that they are not embracing the community.  It's not good IMO.

As for the AMD shills...yes, I agree with you.  I was enjoying the little bit of peace we have had lately.  But it appears that they might be back.  Angry

They never left. But I believe they have been discouraged with the Vega supply and the fact that they actually had to BUY them at inflated prices. Now that the supply has probably eased a bit with the incoming aftermarket cards, they may get their own (stealth review) copies.

Angel
Maybe. I don't know if AMD will ever resolve the Vega supply. HBM2 is the problem. Now we're seeing them release an Intel APU using HBM2. Clearly the desktop market is no longer a focus for AMD RTG. They are putting their R&D into the consoles and embedded solutions. The PC variants are just a "bonus". HMB2 serves no purpose for Vega as a desktop part. It was extremely foolish of AMD not to give it a GDDR5X option. It would not have required a lot of engineering resources.
(01-02-2018, 11:18 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Maybe.  I don't know if AMD will ever resolve the Vega supply.  HBM2 is the problem.  Now we're seeing them release an Intel APU using HBM2.  Clearly the desktop market is no longer a focus for AMD RTG.  They are putting their R&D into the consoles and embedded solutions.  The PC variants are just a "bonus".  HMB2 serves no purpose for Vega as a desktop part.  It was extremely foolish of AMD not to give it a GDDR5X option.  It would not have required a lot of engineering resources.

Actually it would have required more engineering resources than AMD was able to devote.

So far, Vega is a lost generation. It reminds me of Bulldozer as a placeholder for Piledriver and ultimately for Ryzen. Since AMD never does anything new but repeats the same tired thinking over-and-over, I would say that Vega is a placeholder for the Radeon Group. They will supply enough GPUs into the desktop market to maximize their earnings per chip, but won't worry about marketshare - it already lost to Pascal, and Nvidia's new architecture is on the way. Why bother?

Thinking
I just realized that I never reviewed my Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Gaming OC
:doh:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My

. . . it's next! Before the OC review. Tom's HW and Tweaktown (they only managed to bench 3 games) are the only two English site reviews I can find.