• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mini-contest .. and Prey is your reward if ...
Well, this contest will be mercifully short. Tracking shows it will be delivered today.

:D

I'll unveil it when it arrives ... shall I post some pics?

Angel

I'm still working on the FTW MB. VERY few modern games scale with CPU frequency. I am in shock.
- it's going to be a VERY short list ... I might be able to finish up in a day or so

Thankfully GTA V scales pretty well
Thinking
(11-15-2017, 03:29 PM)gstanford Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 02:13 PM)apoppin Wrote: It doesn't look like anyone else cares to win that Prey key - it's a pretty good game!
Blush

At any rate, a new video card is on the way ... and I am still deep into benching the FTW MB
- frankly, I am not so sure about CPU overclocking any more.
Angel

And we may have a reveal today . .  . .  . .
Thinking

I have it already and yes, it is a decent game.  Arkane studios put out some interesting games, that's for sure I like Dishonored 1 & 2 as well and got right into Dark Messiah of Might and Magic back in the day.  The Bioshock series was OK, technically good, but I didn't really care for it except for Infinite.
I really like Dishonored 2 and hope to go back and finish it and perhaps get the stand-alone expansion.

Do you want to make a guess ... as to which card is arriving today ... anyway?

Thinking
(11-15-2017, 03:45 PM)gstanford Wrote: I wouldn't have a clue.  Maybe a founders Star Wars GTX1080 Ti collectors edition?

I have Prey on PS4.  I pretty much agree with this review of it.  For me it is BioShock meets DeusEx HR with a little HalfLife chucked in for good measure.  Apparently he thinks it draws on the System Shock series also, but I could never get into them, so I couldn't say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwzKboA81o8

Thank-you for your guess.

I also reviewed Prey and gave it an 8/10. I agree with his criticism - especially about the stupidly difficult ending - it never lets up and you never feel overpowered like you did in SS2 and BioShock series.

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/prey-pc-.../view-all/
(11-15-2017, 04:14 PM)gstanford Wrote: Oops I meant to say Titan Xp, not GTX1080 Ti.  I don't really pay attention to that end of the market.  Not that it matters anyway, I'm not looking to win the contest or anything.

Well, I didn't even cover its launch on the main page although I got notice about it from Nvidia. I have been really busy ....
Blush

I am finding the old games still scale well with increasing CPU frequency. Thankfully there are a few out of 35. At any rate, I think I can finish up the FTW benching tomorrow, and get started on whatever new card I get today right after.

There are going to be a few back-to-back evaluations posted here over the next few weeks.
:wait: .. but you won't have to wait long ... and it's just a mini-contest for my AMD Rewards extra Prey key. Good luck to the winner. I'll announce this afternoon ... and guesses are still open until then - 1 per hour.
:movie:
Ok my next guess is:

Titan X Collector's Edition, Greg kinda sorta already guessed that, though. Dodgy Thinking :doh:
(11-15-2017, 08:59 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Ok my next guess is:

Titan X Collector's Edition, Greg kinda sorta already guessed that, though.  Dodgy  Thinking  :doh:

I'd say something about this point ... but ... :wait:

Angel

Keep those guessing coming.
:think:
It arrived but I may be under NDA. I am checking to see what I can say
:-/

In the meantime, keep the guesses coming in.
LOL I guess we have to wait to see who wins then. :)

I'm all out of guesses, for now. I will think about it some more tonight.
(11-15-2017, 10:40 PM)SickBeast Wrote: LOL I guess we have to wait to see who wins then. :)

I'm all out of guesses, for now.  I will think about it some more tonight.

What can I do? You have to wait another day or two or until I get permission to talk about it.

And I am suspending my EVGA FTW MB evaluation for a couple of days.
:emo:
Interesting. It sounds like you have quite the interesting card to review if you're having to put other stuff on hold. Good luck! I hope your Coffee Lake platform remains stable.