• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *10* .. & report issues here
Has Gigabyte even released an aftermarket Vega 64 card?

*edit* I found one here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/G...-OC-8GD#kf

I think the aftermarket card would be better for you.
(12-31-2017, 11:46 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Has Gigabyte even released an aftermarket Vega 64 card?

*edit* I found one here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/G...-OC-8GD#kf

I think the aftermarket card would be better for you.
Well, with a little extra voltage to the memory, the 64 is stable. There are also some real driver performance improvements for some VR games since I tested it last time.

The Gigabyte 64 is significantly slower than the Liquid 64. I don't mind. AMD fans won't like it.

Angel
Well I hope the RMA is quick for you. I have never dealt with Gigabyte for an RMA. You will probably have to pay for shipping. Hopefully you can time it so that you won't have any downtime for BTR.
(01-01-2018, 12:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I hope the RMA is quick for you.  I have never dealt with Gigabyte for an RMA.  You will probably have to pay for shipping.  Hopefully you can time it so that you won't have any downtime for BTR.

Maybe it doesn't need an RMA

Angel
(01-01-2018, 01:10 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 12:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I hope the RMA is quick for you.  I have never dealt with Gigabyte for an RMA.  You will probably have to pay for shipping.  Hopefully you can time it so that you won't have any downtime for BTR.

Angel
Well, if you've stabilized it with more voltage I guess just keep using it then. Maybe RMA it closer to when the warranty expires. Maybe then you will get a free upgrade out of it.
(01-01-2018, 01:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

Angel
Well, if you've stabilized it with more voltage I guess just keep using it then. Maybe RMA it closer to when the warranty expires. Maybe then you will get a free upgrade out of it.

Angel

Almost done. 2 more VR benchmarks to run and 2 to recheck with 64.
(01-01-2018, 01:36 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 01:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

Angel
Well, if you've stabilized it with more voltage I guess just keep using it then.  Maybe RMA it closer to when the warranty expires.  Maybe then you will get a free upgrade out of it.

Angel

Almost done.  2 more VR benchmarks to run and 2 to recheck with 64.
Well that's good.

What about the writeup?

You sound like you're actually on schedule.
(01-01-2018, 02:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Well that's good.

What about the writeup?

You sound like you're actually on schedule.

Done with benching. It's still a little bit unstable but the 64 completed the VR benching with improvement in some games. AMD VR drivers have improved.

It's a lot of work making the charts. It will take all New Year's Day.

Nope. I am a day late and a dollar short.
Cry

As usual
Blush
Another beautiful day here. I didn't see a single celebration ... but I slept well and I am writing my 15-game VR evaluation now.

I have it outlined but it's a lot of work creating the frametime charts and graphs ... I expect to post it sometime today as the first review of 2018.

Happy New Years! I am hoping for a very good 2018.
:clapping:

(bring on Volta! ... and Oculus Rift II)
:nerd: