• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *10* .. & report issues here
I can’t download Destiny 2 due to a power outage. :(

I’m glad to hear they have improved it since the beta. Good luck with your ISP. It sounds like they have brutal customer service if they can’t even give you your old plan back when they are not delivering as promised with the new plan.
(10-24-2017, 08:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I can’t download Destiny 2 due to a power outage. :(

I’m glad to hear they have improved it since the beta.  Good luck with your ISP.  It sounds like they have brutal customer service if they can’t even give you your old plan back when they are not delivering as promised with the new plan.

Power outage? I guess you probably not home or on a smartphone.

I have issues logging into Destiny 2 so I am benching other games now.

I think I am just going to set up my new system and start benching on it today. I can always go back to benching on this system.
Thinking
(10-24-2017, 08:23 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 08:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I can’t download Destiny 2 due to a power outage. :(

I’m glad to hear they have improved it since the beta.  Good luck with your ISP.  It sounds like they have brutal customer service if they can’t even give you your old plan back when they are not delivering as promised with the new plan.

Power outage?  I guess you probably not home or on a smartphone.

I have issues logging into Destiny 2 so I am benching other games now.

I think I am just going to set up my new system and start benching on it today.  I can always go back to benching on this system.
Thinking
I was at home using my iPad tethered to my cellphone. I have 12gb of LTE data for every 90 day block, it's great for times when I have no other access to an internet connection.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Coffee Lake. It sounds like a great platform.
(10-24-2017, 09:45 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I was at home using my iPad tethered to my cellphone.  I have 12gb of LTE data for every 90 day block, it's great for times when I have no other access to an internet connection.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Coffee Lake.  It sounds like a great platform.

Sadly I don't have that kind of backup.

I just got my MB. It's time to do some benching after I build my system ... I may take a nap first.

Basically, I am finding no real performance difference between before and after the Fall Creator's update; maybe a slight decrease with the Game Bar on - I am just going to stop benching and move to the new platform and start benching all over again with i7-8700K at 4.6GHz. I want to get a library of results with the new platform - then I'll go back and compare with i7-6700K at the same speeds.
It will be interesting to see the improvements you find at identical clockspeeds. Any improvements should theoretically be due to the higher core count. I have a feeling you will find four or five games that benefit, with the remainder showing no difference whatsoever. However I do expect "moar corez" to have an impact in the future. I would recommend at least six cores to any gamer looking to build a system now.
I'm benching Destiny 2 now before I set up my new platform. And I found the perfect benchmark very quickly as I have experience with the beta. The ONLY issue is there is no way to save - it's checkpoint - but you cannot exit to main menu; you must exit to desktop.

I found "change character" is a workaround but I wasn't sure if I missed something easier (you click on the same character) - so I asked Nvidia and they responded in 5 minutes that the way I found is what they use in their test lab. They are really helpful in situations like this.
:yes:

The very beginning of the game with the fire and the special effects are just as demanding as anything you will find in the beginning mission. Eventually, I'll play it through and if there is a better benchmark, I'll update it.

The game has a "show fps" option since neither Fraps nor Afterburner can.

A GTX 1070 FE can average only about 31 fps on Highest settings at 3840x1440. I'd say 4K is best left for the GTX 1080 Ti. The game is extraordinary visually ... more impressive than the beta IMO
Thinking
The beginning scene with the fire looks insane in HDR. I'm glad you sorted out the benchmarking. I look forward to your results and perhaps also repeating them with my setup if possible. Then we could compare Ryzen and Coffee Lake in a roundabout way.
(10-25-2017, 12:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The beginning scene with the fire looks insane in HDR. I'm glad you sorted out the benchmarking. I look forward to your results and perhaps also repeating them with my setup if possible. Then we could compare Ryzen and Coffee Lake in a roundabout way.

Well Skylake's 1070 FE gets 31 FPS average in the very first scene. Just follow the path, kill the enemy NPCs and end the run after 1 minute.

If you don't want to use OCAT, just watch your fps display in the right corner.

I found my 4th SSD and will be able to set up Coffee Lake - there are a few screws I am missing
(don't you DARE)
Blush

A MB box includes so few parts compared with years past.
Thinking
(10-25-2017, 12:47 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The beginning scene with the fire looks insane in HDR. I'm glad you sorted out the benchmarking. I look forward to your results and perhaps also repeating them with my setup if possible. Then we could compare Ryzen and Coffee Lake in a roundabout way.

Well Skylake's 1070 FE gets 31 FPS average in the very first scene.  Just follow the path, kill the enemy NPCs and end the run after 1 minute.

If you don't want to use OCAT, just watch your fps display in the right corner.

I found my 4th SSD and will be able to set up Coffee Lake - there are a few screws I am missing
(don't you DARE)
Blush

A MB box includes so few parts compared with years past.
Thinking
Yeah I just had the exact same problem with the Ryzen motherboard you just sent me. It seems pretty frivolous of them to no longer send such basic parts as the riser screws to actually mount your motherboard to your case. I recommend you order some screws off Ebay, they are very affordable and they will send you a variety of all the screws you could ever need for building a PC. Maybe $2-3 for a big pack of screws. It just takes forever for them to arrive from China. Perhaps you will have better luck in the USA. Canada Customs has been inspecting every package coming in from overseas due to the Fentanyl crisis. My packages from China are taking over 3 months to arrive now. It's reached a point that I try to buy everything domestically now.

I have never used OCAT before. Is it free? Does it not require some kind of dedicated hardware?

Fraps really needs a DX12 update.
Forget Fraps. It's dead for DX12/Vulkan/UAW. It hasn't been updated in YEARS.
Cry

OCAT
https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/OCAT

Download 1.1.0
https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/OCAT/releases

Install it and run the .exe

Don't check anything except under Settings >Set your Recording Time in seconds. 60 is a good minimum

Run the benchmark and at the beginning hit F11.

DO NOT HIT IT AGAIN!! The benchmark will run for the time you specified (60 seconds). Exit the benchmark. You may rerun the benchmark as often as you like but hit F11 *only* at the BEGINNING of a run (and make sure it runs for the time you specify)

Open your Documents and look in OCAT>Recordings

Open the Summary (only) with EXCEL. Read your averages. It also gives you frametimes from the minimums. When I use OCAT I translate the .1 frametime as my minimums and translate them to FPS.

Easy
:nerd: