• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *10* .. & report issues here
I guess I should stop complaining. I could never do this on my other plan - I just got this upgrade yesterday - about 24 hours ago. The best I ever got previously was 100GB in 24 hours with a single 5 hour D/L period. This is 75GB more AND there is no throttling. As long as I get my old speeds back, I'll be satisfied
Angel
[Image: usage.jpg]
I got GoW 4 downloaded and I'm downloading Destiny 2 right now (~38GB).  But the D/L is really slow ... 125kbps-1Mbps
Cry

Battlenet had no problem installing itself to E drive ... but it insisted on putting the Destiny 2 files on the SSD
:doh:
(10-24-2017, 05:05 AM)apoppin Wrote: I got GoW 4 downloaded and I'm downloading Destiny 2 right now (~38GB).  But the D/L is really slow ... 125kbps-1Mbps
Cry

Battlenet had no problem installing itself to E drive ... but it insisted on putting the Destiny 2 files on the SSD
:doh:

I see what is going on. I now have a strict cap of 25Mbps. Previously, my speeds could run up as high as nearly 50Mbps. The difference is that I had only 5 hours of these speeds - now I get about 12 hours at these speeds. However, I used to get throttled down to 128kbps and below, with D/Ls completely stopped. Now I can see getting slowed down to these speeds, but d/ls continue and they rise as soon as the network is less congested.

I am not sure it is worth $40 more a month
:-/

And GoW4 actually "only" has a 121GB D/L ... but if you actually want to PLAY the game, it d/ls another huge patch
:poop:
My internet is "only" 25 Mbps and I'm fine with it. The unlimited data the plan has is worth more to me than extra speed. Mind you I don't get throttled down from 25 Mbps at all.
(10-24-2017, 11:53 AM)gstanford Wrote: My internet is "only" 25 Mbps and I'm fine with it.  The unlimited data the plan has is worth more to me than extra speed.  Mind you I don't get throttled down from 25 Mbps at all.

Well, my issue and irritation is that I had 50 Mbps and they told me I would be getting the same speeds. I bet if they gave me the old plan back, my speeds would probably be 25 Mbps.

It's a better plan ... but I hate the fact that they are now giving me half the speed
:@

So what they will probably do is have incremental increases in speed costing more. The 50 Mbps unlimited plan will probably be $300 a month
Thinking

ANYWAY, I have my D/L'ing done and now I am cloning my SSD 3 times - one will be the master backup with minimal drivers installed that will be the basis for my new MB installation; the other 2 will be the clones of each other that will only differ by having AMD and Nvidia drivers on them. And then, I will have to clone my E SSHD to have a Disk Image that will be easy to install over and over. It will be easier to keep my PC this way (and Destiny 2 is on the SSD, so it will set up blazing fast. - it launches in 3 hours).
It's probably worth pursuing that idea of a 2nd dish on your roof and a faster but limited plan for it (do your reviewing downloads on the 25 plan and have a fast limited plan for personal browsing and other things.)
(10-24-2017, 02:03 PM)gstanford Wrote: It's probably worth pursuing that idea of a 2nd dish on your roof and a faster but limited plan for it (do your reviewing downloads on the 25 plan and have a fast limited plan for personal browsing and other things.)

Exactly! I will be talking with them later on today.
I'd talk with your old satellite ISP too and let it be known to the new one that you intend to if they don't want to help...
(10-24-2017, 02:23 PM)gstanford Wrote: I'd talk with your old satellite ISP too and let it be known to the new one that you intend to if they don't want to help...

I don't have that option. I have had the same satellite ISP since 2007 - Exede (aka Wildblue).

They launched their new satellite a few months ago and this is their new plan. It's the first time they are offering "unlimited", so it's to their advantage to slow down the speeds. Overall, I am doing better than before - but not as much as they promised me.

I am going to see if they will comp me the next speed grade (30Mbps) or return me to my old plan and I'll get a second dish for the same amount of money I am paying now.

I have everything moved to Win 10 Fall Creators Update on two 256GB SSDs with another one for backup (which will form the basis for my z370/8700K platform); and I also am cloning my storage drive for use as a backup). So I have about an hour to go before I can return to benching. I think I'll clean my house
Thinking

My z370 ASRock MB is out for delivery. It's interesting that I am upgrading from another (z170) ASRock MB. I didn't think about it, but it will make for a nice platform comparison.

Shall I just switch over to the new platform and start benching at 4.6GHz with Coffee Lake? I can do the last evaluation on my current platform comparing the before and after performance of the Fall Creator's Update with GTX 1070 using 20 games. Anyone interested in that? Or shall I just start benching in preparation for the platform comparison now with the latest drivers? After I get the EVGA MB I'll do the overclocking and set my clock speeds for future day-to-day benching.

I am going to set up my i7-8700k/z370 in my other tower case using the Cooler Master 240mm cooler I got for Ryzen. That way, I'll keep my 6700K system up for benching until I get the EVGA MB - and then I'll switch everything over again until the next Intel CPU that I upgrade to.
I got a complaint into Exede. They probably won't give me my old plan back. I guess I'll survive. I do get more data than the old plan with less throttle, but it's expensive compared to what I was paying for so little extra benefit.
Dodgy

At any rate I am playing Destiny 2 and it looks better than the beta. Demanding also. Fraps won't record the framerates but OCAT will.
- It's BTR's benchmark no 31
:nerd: