• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *10* .. & report issues here
And now I have installation issues. The Fall Update doesn't work for a clean install as it should. So I am going to have to use my older build of Win 10 DVD and let it do the install itself by updating.

Yes, when Win 10 sucks, it sucks bad
Cry

(10-22-2017, 06:19 PM)apoppin Wrote: What a giant PitA just because Win 10 choked on the Fall Creator's update.

However, it will give me an opportunity to compare the performance of 22 games with the GTX 1070 before vs after.

I am installing Win 10 to a HyperX 256GB SSD and I'll clone it - one for AMD and one for Nvidia to my other identical 256GB HyperX SSD.  
Then I'll install my PC games all over again to my HDDs and start benching when it's all done.

I'll order a MB and 2 x 3TB HDDs tomorrow.  I am putting Optane tech on hold for now.

Thinking
That's really too bad. I just checked and I have the creator's update installed, I'm guessing when I created my USB drive to install Windows 10 that it did it right from that point. My installation was a breeze. I have never had Windows 10 give me any issues during installation. Good luck getting it sorted out. Maybe try creating a new USB installation media. It will pre-download the latest version and all the updates for you.
(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That's really too bad.  I just checked and I have the creator's update installed, I'm guessing when I created my USB drive to install Windows 10 that it did it right from that point.  My installation was a breeze.  I have never had Windows 10 give me any issues during installation.  Good luck getting it sorted out.  Maybe try creating a new USB installation media.  It will pre-download the latest version and all the updates for you.

I'd rather do a clean installation of Win 10 with the update included. I did some searching and there are issues with USB sticks and corrupted D/Ls. I tried it twice, but I did not clear my cache which means I got the same corrupted crap again. So I am using the new installation to d/l files again.

I'll get it eventually
Blush
Maybe try using your laptop to create the installation media. It sounds like your current Windows installation on your main desktop PC has become unstable.
(10-22-2017, 08:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Maybe try using your laptop to create the installation media.  It sounds like your current Windows installation on your main desktop PC has become unstable.
No, it's a known issue. And Windows IS currently updating to the Fall Creators Edition automatically now as it updates Windows for the first time from Update & Security. This would still qualify as a "clean install"
Thinking

At any rate I made another copy of the installation files to a USB flash drive.
Well I have to say I'm disappointed in the creator's update. The one feature I was really looking forward to was HDR, but it's still broken after the update. Plus as I have told you guys I can't enable or disable the game mode. So the two main features from the update are both broken. Nice. I would have expected more from Microsoft.
(10-22-2017, 09:06 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I have to say I'm disappointed in the creator's update.  The one feature I was really looking forward to was HDR, but it's still broken after the update.  Plus as I have told you guys I can't enable or disable the game mode.  So the two main features from the update are both broken.  Nice.  I would have expected more from Microsoft.

You have to bring up the game bar to enable or to disable the game mode for each game is what I understand
Thinking
(10-22-2017, 09:31 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:06 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I have to say I'm disappointed in the creator's update.  The one feature I was really looking forward to was HDR, but it's still broken after the update.  Plus as I have told you guys I can't enable or disable the game mode.  So the two main features from the update are both broken.  Nice.  I would have expected more from Microsoft.

You have to bring up the game bar to enable or to disable the game mode for each game is what I understand
Thinking
Fair enough. I stand by my comments about HDR though. It shouldn't take them this long to fix it.
(10-22-2017, 09:39 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Thinking
Fair enough.  I stand by my comments about HDR though.  It shouldn't take them this long to fix it.

I don't expect much from MS. I expect a giant PitA every time there is a major update or a needed reinstall
Cry

It's a very good thing that upgraded my Exede plan.
(10-22-2017, 09:53 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:39 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Thinking
Fair enough.  I stand by my comments about HDR though.  It shouldn't take them this long to fix it.

I don't expect much from MS.  I expect a giant PitA every time there is a major update or a needed reinstall
Cry

It's a very good thing that upgraded my Exede plan.
Yes but it sucks that you're having to burn through some of your "fast" 150gb unnecessarily.

Is there still a period of time when they would never throttle you, even if you go over the 150gb?

I'm really happy for you, that sounds like a very decent internet plan for you, finally.