• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread page links
Hey Mark,

I'm wondering if there would be an easy way to create links to the last few pages of a thread in the main forum screen so that we don't have to open each thread and then click again to get to the latest page. It would be a useful tweak IMO if there is a simple plugin that can do it. TIA

Angel
Here's what I do.  If you click on the "latest activity", you get taken to the original post; but if you click on the thread from the category list, it takes you to the last page of the thread.

But I'll see if there are any plugins that do it automatically from the activity plugin. I haven't looked at ABT forum in many days. Does it have this feature that you want here?

I have left ABT behind only because of Dave's dishonest dealings with me, and it is clear that the 3 or 4 regular posters still posting there don't like me at all.  Big loss.  So I don't particularly care to read anything they write, or even bother look at ABT any more. It is gone from my bookmarks along with VC&G.  It is too sad for me to look at a failed past when the future at BTR are much brighter for me and the working conditions are so much better.
ABT has the same issue. I just tried clicking through the category view and that's good enough IMO. Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks for letting me know. I am not checking back there again. The past is gone
. . . it went by like dusk to dawn. Isn't that the way. Everybody's got the dues in life to pay. I know nobody knows. Where it comes and where it goes

oops
Blush

plagiarism
:D
(03-17-2015, 10:05 PM)apoppin Wrote: Thanks for letting me know.  I am not checking back there again.  The past is gone
. . . it went by like dusk to dawn.  Isn't that the way. Everybody's got the dues in life to pay. I know nobody knows. Where it comes and where it goes

oops
Blush

plagiarism
:D

I am thinking about leaving the forum there as well. I will see. There has been a lot of negativity.
Well, ABT forum certainly could (have) succeed(ed) with a lot of hard work and an influx of quality new members.  But who wants to join a tiny bitter conspiracy-oriented forum where the owner was voted the most 'out of touch with reality' member at his primary AT P&N forum that he was finally kicked from this year after ABT failed?  
(note the timing; AT Administration is not stupid)

All of his posting energy went into P&N/OT and ABT was just an afterthought for 7 years.  Do you think it will succeed now when the owner hasn't learned anything about running a tech site that he was a partner in with me for over 6 years?

UPDATE:

I just got this in my email (I am still get ABT updates; they haven't bet shut off so they go to my spam filter)

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/nvidia-re...tan-x-12gb
[Image: No-Writer.png]

What do you think?
Rolleyes
Well at least he is posting news. Dave is trying to do something at least. If he's working full time I can see why it would be hard for him to deal with a website on his own. It looks like ABT may become a tech news website with a decent forum. That may work out fine for Dave so long as the traffic is reasonable. I wish both of you all the best. I know things did not work out for you before with ABT, but perhaps things will work out for both of you this way.
Let me put it this way ...

I really hope that Dave can keep ABT up and running.  There is an excellent library of articles there.  
--all of my work for more than 6 years are preserved there and I would much prefer that ABT stay up.  I am published on two sites.
:)

However, Dave needs to learn to be an editor or he needs to hire one.  He clearly didn't learn anything about running the front end from me while we were partners at ABT. The news he is posting is very poorly done and it looks very sloppy compared to the news that was posted up until the site crashed over 3 months ago.

Quote:I know things did not work out for you before with ABT

There was no problem with ABT; my issues are solely with my former partner who took the site from me. IMO "at least" doesn't count nor does working another job.  I worked full time while running ABT until my mother died in September, and I retired late last year with a pension.

However, there is always a silver lining; and this one turned out to be gold as I was basically forced to do last December what I should have done years ago - set up my own site.