• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINNER ANNOUNCED!! - GTX Flash Drive & 30 game Pack in BTR's Summer Contest
(07-23-2017, 08:56 PM)apoppin Wrote: Thank-you for posting those reminders.  The contest ends in about 10 hours (at midnight tonight).

Get those last minute screenshots in!

Good luck!

I'll announce the winner on Tuesday by 10 PM and they will have 24 hours (until Wednesday at 10 PM) to respond here.
The Contest is over. Thank-you for entering. I'll announce the winner tomorrow (Tuesday by 10 PM) and the winner must respond by Wednesday by 10 PM.

Good luck!
Congratulations to BTR's Summer Contest Winner - gstanford!
- You won the drawing represented by your screenshot submission and you have until Tuesday at 10 PM to post in the thread (or PM or email me) to claim your prize of the GTX Flash Drive and 30-game prize pack!

:clapping: Party

Thank-you to those who entered, and we will have another contest soon. Stay tuned!
Nice! Congrats Greg! I think you will like Mass Effect Andromeda despite all the negativity. You are the type of person that tells it like it is. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Also, I can't think of a better person to win the flash drive. Congratulations!
(07-26-2017, 02:10 AM)gstanford Wrote: Thanks all.  The game pack sounds cool.

Please PM or (better) email me and I'll get your prizes to you. Congratulations!

The game pack has been emailed and the flash drive will go out next week on a long journey ...
:)
Just in case it's of interest to anyone: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/07/26...eaway-usb/
I think Greg should get a fancy glass enclosure for his and put it on his fireplace mantle. Angel
(07-27-2017, 05:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I think Greg should get a fancy glass enclosure for his and put it on his fireplace mantle.  Angel

I think he should display it at his work.
Thinking
It's more of a collector's item. It isn't really totally practical for use as a flash drive because it is SO large. It's hard to find a PCIe slot by itself to plug it into.

And if it were me, I wouldn't leave it out to be taken home by someone. I bet there is currently some value to them as there are only 1080 in the world.

However, if I were going to sell mine, I'd do it soon, because I would guess that Nvidia will make more for sale. They ought to make the fan spin
:itwasntme:

I plan to keep it and occasionally use it when I need a 64GB flash drive. Up-until-now, my largest capacity flash drive is 16GB.
Blush
(07-28-2017, 01:29 AM)apoppin Wrote: It's more of a collector's item.  It isn't really totally practical for use as a flash drive because it is SO large.  It's hard to find a PCIe slot by itself to plug it into.

And if it were me, I wouldn't leave it out to be taken home by someone.  I bet there is currently some value to them as there are only 1080 in the world.

However, if I were going to sell mine, I'd do it soon, because I would guess that Nvidia will make more for sale.  They ought to make the fan spin
I think they should make it dual BIOS and overclockable. BIOS 1: USB 2.0. BIOS 2: USB 3.0. It will run hot if you overclock it though. :P

:tumbleweed:
(07-28-2017, 01:34 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 01:29 AM)apoppin Wrote: It's more of a collector's item.  It isn't really totally practical for use as a flash drive because it is SO large.  It's hard to find a PCIe slot by itself to plug it into.

And if it were me, I wouldn't leave it out to be taken home by someone.  I bet there is currently some value to them as there are only 1080 in the world.

However, if I were going to sell mine, I'd do it soon, because I would guess that Nvidia will make more for sale.  They ought to make the fan spin
I think they should make it dual BIOS and overclockable.  BIOS 1: USB 2.0.  BIOS 2: USB 3.0.  It will run hot if you overclock it though. :P

:tumbleweed:
It's already dual BIOS the way you define it - but it's automatic and can handle USB 2.0 and 3.0 on the fly.
:clapping:

Nvidia ought to make a smaller GTX flash drive so that it would be more practical for day-to-day use. And I'd still like to fidget with the fan spinner.
:nerd: