• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *9* .. & report issues here
Yikes. The old one filled up fast. Time for a new thread ... feel free to continue the discussion from *8*.
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...p?tid=1023&page=12

As a quick recap, we posted the final part 3 of Oculus Rift benching and now have a 9-game VR benching suite. Any VR games that are reviewed from now on will be a single game (Spider Man/Battlezone/Landfall/Star Trek are on deck for review). I am also probably going to work on a 100 game SLI vs CF evaluation before RX Vega is released. And I am going to SIGGRAPH for both AMD's and for Nvidia's events.

Are you ready for a contest? Your input is requested ...The BTR Summer Contest begins this weekend!

Grand Prize is a rare 64GB Nvidia GTX USB flash drive plus a 30-game prize pack from GMG including ME: Andromeda Origins.

All you have to do to win is submit an Ansel (or a regular) screen capture - the best wins.

I can get someone to (1) judge the screenshots and pick the "best", OR just (2) require an Ansel screenshot (or regular screenshot) to enter with luck deciding the winner
:-/

What would you like to see?  It's your contest.  I am just providing the prizes

Finally the last thing we discussed was the reddit comments on my Rift benching
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/duplicates/...ction_the/

if you can't see it, click here and follow the link from "7 comments"
https://www.reddit.com/r/amd/search?q=flair:review&sort=new&restrict_sr=on
Yeah that reminds me of why I really don't like reddit at all. It's got a really negative vibe overall. Not my style whatsoever. I tend to avoid negative and critical people in general. I have better things to do with my time. They're losers IMO.
(07-01-2017, 09:24 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Yeah that reminds me of why I really don't like reddit at all. It's got a really negative vibe overall. Not my style whatsoever. I tend to avoid negative and critical people in general. I have better things to do with my time. They're losers IMO.
So you can follow the link. I wondered if it was just in my browser cache for a bit.

Notice that the guy who is the most critical is a self-confessed "AMD fanboy". I am certain none of the posters who made negative comments read the evaluation. But there are positive votes overall and there are people viewing the review. There has been no valid criticism of the benching or the results or even of the way they are presented.
:emo:

BtW, the Robinson evaluation is going to be my format for VR game reviews: Light on the review itself, but with a lot of desktop captures, heavy on performance and visuals; and whenever possible, I'll try to include a thru-the-lens benchmarking run video similar to what I did for Obduction. I see a lot of VR gaming reviews and review sites, but I don't see VR game performance reviews very often. I have seen maybe 3 or 4 other tech sites use FCAT VR for benchmarking.
:pizza:

And what about the contest? No preference?
Huh
No preference.
(07-01-2017, 10:00 PM)SickBeast Wrote: No preference.
OK ... unless I hear from anyone else by tomorrow as to whether they prefer a "best capture" judgement win, or "luck" determining the winner by being drawn from a pool of entries - I'll toss a coin.
:-/

In the meantime ... back to virtual reality
:cookie:

(in a lot of ways it's better than what we call reality)
:movie:
vote "luck"
(07-02-2017, 01:27 AM)happy medium Wrote: vote "luck"
Luck it is! I'll get the contest started sometime today. I have a bunch of "paperwork" to do first . . . even before VR
:emo:

To enter to win the GTX Flash Drive and the 30-game pack including ME:AO, all you need to do is enter an ansel screenshot and post it in the designated thread. If you don't have Ansel, a regular SS is acceptable. The grand prize winner will be picked by a program (luck) from the pool of entrants.

Don't forget to enter right away. Your screenshot can always be updated
Thinking
The contest is on and it ends on July 23rd just before midnight with the winner announced before 10 PM on July 25. And the winner MUST respond by 7/26/17 at 10 PM. Grand prize is a very rare 64GB GeForce GTX Flash Drive and a Level 30 game prize pack from GMG that includes ME: Andromeda Origins.

To enter, post an Ansel screenshot (or any SS if you don't have access to Ansel) in the thread linked immediately below.
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...p?tid=1044

The winner will be chosen at random (by luck) from a drawing. The full details are here:
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/enter-wi...l-contest/

Any questions or suggestions, or typo corrections ... please make them now. Thank-you in advance for entering!

Good luck .. and happy gaming!
I don't think i'll be home to enter the contest in time,. I've been away on business for a month now.
I only have my cheap laptop with me, and windows phone.
(07-02-2017, 11:28 PM)happy medium Wrote: I don't think i'll be home to enter the contest in time,. I've been away on business for a month now.
I only have my cheap laptop with me, and windows phone.

Use your notebook to capture a screenshot of a retro game.
Thinking

There are no limits placed on which game you pick and it doesn't have to be an Ansel capture/