Forums
New Contest this week! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community)
+-- Forum: BabelTechReviews (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Everything BabelTech Related (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: New Contest this week! (/showthread.php?tid=577)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Contest this week! - apoppin - 04-25-2016

As promised, BTR's second contest open to our Community members will begin this week, and your input is desired and appreciated. I especially want to know which AAA game you want as Grand Prize.

This mini-contest will simply involve guessing a single average frame rate that I got in the beta of Mirror's Edge Catalyst. There will be one AAA game as grand prize awarded for the closest guess and a Telltale Humble Bundle awarded to the runner up. Details will be announced here and on the main site on Tuesday or Wednesday for our second quickie contest and the prizes will be awarded next weekend.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a difficult game to benchmark as Faith keeps on running through different Glass city scenes and it is hard to repeat. However, I got a common fps that keeps on recurring that you have to guess to win.

I will be only using one card at one resolution as I cannot bear to repeat it with many cards (but I did make note of the area for when the game is released) as it is absolutely not my favorite kind of game (endless parkour with RPG elements).

I have the runner-up prize all ready to be gifted, but I am not sure which AAA game to offer. What game do you want as the grand prize?

This will be the runner-up's prize:
  • Back to the Future
  • Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
  • Poker Night at the Inventory
  • Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
  • The Walking Dead - Season 1
  • The Walking Dead: 400 days
  • The Walking Dead - Season 2
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Poker Night 2
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones

RE: New Contest this week! - apoppin - 04-25-2016

If none of our members are interested, we can postpone the contest until next month
:-/
(04-25-2016, 04:12 AM)apoppin Wrote: As promised, BTR's second contest open to our Community members will begin this week, and your input is desired and appreciated.  I especially want to know which AAA game you want as Grand Prize.

This mini-contest will simply involve guessing a single average frame rate that I got in the beta of Mirror's Edge Catalyst.  There will be one AAA game as grand prize awarded for the closest guess and a Telltale Humble Bundle awarded to the runner up.  Details will be announced here and on the main site on Tuesday or Wednesday for our second quickie contest and the prizes will be awarded next weekend.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a difficult game to benchmark as Faith keeps on running through different Glass city scenes and it is hard to repeat.  However, I got a common fps that keeps on recurring that you have to guess to win.    

I will be only using one card at one resolution as I cannot bear to repeat it with many cards (but I did make note of the area for when the game is released) as it is absolutely not my favorite kind of game (endless parkour with RPG elements).

I have the runner-up prize all ready to be gifted, but I am not sure which AAA game to offer.  What game do you want as the grand prize?

This will be the runner-up's prize:
  • Back to the Future
  • Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
  • Poker Night at the Inventory
  • Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
  • The Walking Dead - Season 1
  • The Walking Dead: 400 days
  • The Walking Dead - Season 2
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Poker Night 2
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones

RE: New Contest this week! - SickBeast - 04-26-2016

I'm in! Please don't postpone it!

RE: New Contest this week! - apoppin - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:02 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm in! Please don't postpone it!

Well, to be fair, we need more than one interested participant or it isn't a contest. Let's give it a couple of days please.

Ok no problem. Where is gstanford? Come on guys! :)

(04-26-2016, 04:53 PM)gstanford Wrote: I have no idea what avg frame rate you got for mirrors edge catalyst beta but given it is an 'on the go' constant action type of game I'll go with 60 fps avg.

It's good to hear from you. However, we haven't started the contest yet. At the worst, it will be postponed for a week or so until we hear from a couple more of our members.

I'll give you the exact settings, the card used and drivers, screenshots, and a few hints when it begins. It will be "closest guess" for the winner and the runner up.

Please look for an official announcement here and on the main site this week. Thank-you.

Also, please let me know what AAA game you would like to be the grand prize. The runner up will get the Telltale bundle.

RE: New Contest this week! - happy medium - 04-26-2016

ok , I'm in.

I'd like to win the new Tomb Raider game.
I'm just about finished the 2012 version.

Thank-you. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a very good game and I'd recommend it as better than Tomb Raider 2013.

Anyone else have a preference for a game as first prize?

Could we do Doom as the main prize? It's coming out soon right?

Yes. It will be released May 13. If it becomes the choice, I can preorder it for the winner.

I want to see if we have a consensus on the game ... if not, I have an :idea:
:)